1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS:Testing the Waters on an LSVTEC

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by lsvtec, Feb 12, 2004.

1. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

I am looking into selling my engine. I am willing to take cash or an 93-95 B18A/B longblock, flywheel, and ECU + cash. I have not really set a price yet I am just looking into this at the moment. Here is a list of what is included:

Everything from throttle body to exhaust manifold and from valve cover to oil pan including a 9 LBS flywheel. This includes a 94 GSR ECU. The engine is using OBD1 electronics.

Head:
    89 B16A head
    Skunk2 IM
    Skunk2 Valves, valve springs, and retainers
    2001 spec ITR cams (same grind as the CTR)
    DC Sports 4-2-1 2 peice ceramic header
    Bronze valve guides

Block:
    93 B18A1 block
    81.5mm bore
    Endyn 11.5:1 rollerwave pistons
    Ealge rods
    GSR timing belt and water pump
    ITR oil pump
    inline4.com LSVTEC oil line.
    Clutchmasters 9 LBS aluminum flywheel
    Currently running an ITR clutch that has 20K on it, that could go with the engnie if you wanted it.

The engine has 12K miles on it since I built it Jan 03. It is stilling running strong. I have reciepts for everything that was replaced (all bearings/seals/rings) except for the rods, but they were purchased from pissedoffsol and he can vouch that they had 0 miles on them before I used them. I am looking at selling my Integra when I get out of school and I don't want to try and sell it with this engine to some dumb kid that will toast it. I would like to see it go to a good home. Let me know if anyone is interested.

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:( :bawling:

3. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

since LeanMeanMarine(Brian) isnt around i'll lowball ya for him. I'll give you $100 shipped to 64057.

No but seriously, if you get a round about price PM and i'll let him know about it in the next letter i send him. Cuz when he gets back he should have somewhere around 2k cash, and we can probably get a B18. If hes intrested i'll let you know.

:EDIT: He also might be intrested in your WW lip if you've still got it for a decent price.

4. lsvtec

That lip is still his for $40 shipped when he wants it.

I forgot to mention that I used ARP Head studs and rod bolts. I had the crank polished and the entire rotating assembly balanced.

I am interested in finding what someone would pay for this engine.

5. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

unfortunatley, what someone would pay and what you have into it are 2 totaly different numbers. I know just as well as you what kinda $$$ you have into this. If I didn't have mine half done I'd really consider picking it up. Bump for LSVTEC.

matt

6. lsvtec

I am not expecting to get even half of the money I put in to this engine out of it. Not that I would turn that kind of offer down though. :)

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

vouch for the rods... he got 'em from me... I got them from jody (sir kid) who got them new for me from a mustang shop. lol

8. lsvtec

I am looking for somewhere between $2500 and $3000 (far less than I have invested that is for sure). If you have a 93-95 B18A/B with everything that I would be leaving with this engine to trade we can work something out. I am flexible with this price but keep in mind what is coming with the package before you make an offer.

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

ERIC MUNSON WTF! What happened, why no LSVTEC anymore?

Yeah... Alright you said 2K... what kind of trades are you wanting? I am very interested shit ill go get a damn loan for the engine... I can say 2K and Ill come get it, wait, maybe meet half way or something. Cuase Shipping will kill!

10. lsvtec

I have recieved a couple of offers, if anyone is interested please let me know.

Brian, I am selling the engine because I want to sell the car when I get out of school (I want a WRX) and I think the car will be an easier sell if it is closer to stock. If you have an OBD1 LS engine that is in reasonable condition with fewer than 100K miles and that includes everything that I am shipping with the LSVTEC then we should talk about $2000. Without an LS engine to throw in $2000 is not enough because the car would have to see some down time while I look for an new engine/ECU (leaving me riding my bicycle everywhere) and I would have to buy a new engine and have it shipped to me.

11. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

[Darth Vader]Join the Dark Side, young Jedi...[/Darth Vader]

12. hammerdgolfer

hammerdgolfer Senior Member

are you by chance from wa/or?

13. lsvtec

Damn you and your WRXing ways. All I had to do was drive that car of yours once and I knew that was the car for me.

Unfortunately not, I am currently living in Las Cruces NM, mile 0 on I25.

14. lsvtec

Don't be shy, I am willing to discuss any reasonable offer.

15. leonc

leonc Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted