fuckin bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
lil backround first..

get home at about 6, work on a few buddys cars, pulling window tint off, finished at about 10:45 tonight. during this time, we saw a few pple seting off bottle rockets (any kind of firework is illegal here, desert) no big deal and all.. well they leave, and about 11:15 i hear a really fucking loud BOOM. i assumed it was just a couple m80's or something to that sort. about 10 mins later, my dogs barking his head off, i look outside and there's about 15 people putside my house, parents are out there as well.. i walk out, what do i see?

s40e7a2e804e5e.jpg

if you look in the back right side of teh screen, you can see the top.

s40e7a3f453033.jpg

here's the outside of the mailbox about 20 feet away...
s40e7a30468ffb.jpg

and the back part of the mailbox about 30 feet away
https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40e7a2f0222f4.jpg[img]
some shrapnel, with my hand as a referance to size..
[img]https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40e7a535ad583.jpg

i mean, wtf. there's only 1 person that i know of, that hates me. he lives down teh street about 5 houses, but his mom claims that he was inside at the time. no one saw anyone, but someone said they heard a car that sounded like this kid freddys srt-4.. well, cops are on the way over, so we'll see how that goes

wtf could be powerful enough to blow the top of my mailbox 20 feet away, and the back part of the mailbox 30 feet away??

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 4 2004, 01:37 AM
Christ. at least it was a mailbox and not a part of your car...

this is the exact reason why my car gets the garage, dads truck was chillen about 20 feet away as well though

Bahhahahaha that box got Own3d!

wtf could be powerful enough to blow the top of my mailbox 20 feet away, and the back part of the mailbox 30 feet away??

TONS OF STUFF

last year on the 4th we were at a cook out with some home made fireworks=) when you can sit a 5" by 2" firecracker on the ground and blow a 3by3 pit into the ground leaving a 10 foot ring around the blast site where the grass was pushed over...

My brother back in the day blew up one of them old style outdoor grills that looked like a space ship =) blew the top across the yard and the whole bottom of it was blown out

Fire works are fun Fireworks that are made at home are even more fun

maybe i should rephrase..

what is powerful enough to do that, that is cheap, and readily availible to the publec? i.e. not a d.i.y.

Yeah

When my brother came back from out west putting up cell towers and shit he brought back some of the charges they use for starting off avalanches(sp?). They were pretty much jst half sticks. Paid like $8 a piece for them. if you were standing 30yards away you could feel the shock wave massivly. You could hear the boom for about 4 miles.

Sorry to hear about yer mail box. not even 2 months ago 5-6 kids that went to my school (i've graduated since) got busted for blowing mail boxes they blew the shit out of i think it was like 7 or 8 mail boxes with pipe bombs. The last one they blew was this custom marble thing that was worht $2000. They were all over the local news and got busted becuase a teacher over heard them say "yeah we made the news" fuckin tards. One of them has a summer house right next to mine...lol and yeah.. they were out there blowing the shit out of tree stumps and shit today. Kind of funny imo. that same kid ended up getting busted with like a pound of gun powder and a bag of weed in his car....man gotta love it huh?

anyways that was long enough of a post.

nathan

update..

cops just left, says they're going to assign a detective to our "case" sooner or later.. i doubt he will say much about it. but we found what seems to be an end cap..

its about 3..4 inch long, and about 1/2 inch wide. it has an oval shape, but the sides on the longest part are somewhat flat. it looks to be made of some kind of ceramic, cement, or something with that whitish color and look to it.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jul 4 2004, 03:00 AM
Guess you can always put a mail slot on your door.

that would have been worse... <_<

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 4 2004, 03:06 AM
update..

cops just left, says they're going to assign a detective to our "case" sooner or later.. i doubt he will say much about it.

Meaning, yeah whatever fuckers... you interrupted our coffee and donuts... here's a report, fuck off...

Well, that wouldn't take a really big explosive, a film canister filled with gun powder wrapped in a roll of electrical tape with some fuse in it would do it.

Just remember that putting something into or taking something out of a mail box even if it's a piece of paper is a Federal Offence let alone blowing the shit up

thats why when people leave flyers they for the most part put them in your newspaper box and not your mail box

the cops might have a field day with this and who ever gets caught is fucked

my Uncel has been to jail many times growing up hes done almost every drug you can think of as with a shit load of other things I wont even get into I believe hes even shot a guy at one point

to this day he cannot buy a gun because of ONE thing that is still on his record and that 1 thing will never come off

He was using illegal fireworks when I say illegal I don't mean anything good Maryland has crappy firework laws up to like 2 years ago you could only light off stuff like Snakes and Sparklers

I think he was using some tiny bottle rockets and welp thats a Federal crime.....

Never fuck with mailboxes thats GOV Property!

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 4 2004, 01:55 AM

what is powerful enough to do that, that is cheap, and readily availible to the publec? i.e. not a d.i.y.

Sparklers.

Buy a bunch of sparklers, tape or wire them together, tightly. Leave one happy sparkler as the fuse and light it. Trust me, I bet sparkler bombs could blow up cars.

Originally posted by MugenCRX+Jul 4 2004, 12:46 PM-->
90 accord
@Jul 4 2004, 01:55 AM

Sparklers.

Buy a bunch of sparklers, tape or wire them together, tightly. Leave one happy sparkler as the fuse and light it. Trust me, I bet sparkler bombs could blow up cars.

I've never been able to get that to work=(

Im thinking maybe I wraped them too tight

It could literally be anything since its the forth... but if you find anything around unusual that shouldnt have been on the inside of that mailbox let us know...

But from a kids stand point here ya go...

Basically 20oz bottle, toilet bowl cleaner, tin foil. clean the inside of a 20oz bottle. fill it about 1/4 of the way up with toilet bowl cleaner, roll the foil into little joints basically and drop them inside the bottle. Then shake for about 5 seconds and place inside mailbox.... explosion size is enough to blow a person in 1/2... so yea

the sparkler idea I agree with and from what you describe the sound as is also what i would go with...

however there is another alternative..... just strait up gun powder in a plastic bag rapped in duct tape and a made extremely tight.... cheap grenades basically.... and i do mean cheap.... there isnt anything left after they go off except a very small ball of duct tape with powder burns.

anyway hope you find out and if need any more help seriously list up "weird" things that might have been in the yard and pics of them and i will help ya out... Im somewhat of an expert on the whole explosive types...

-Aaron

mortars do that...

you know, the round firecracker things you light and drop in a tube, and they shoot up and explode?

me and Knives blew up a bbq pit with a couplea those last night...it were teh pimpin.

Originally posted by ssl2k@Jul 4 2004, 11:20 PM
being july 4th i thought i'd try the sparkler thing

didn't work

nathan

Yeah, all that does is make your hand go from normal temp to about 500 degrees in 2 seconds. I learned that the hard way last year. I had a few drinks, but I still should have known lighting a whole pack of sparklers while holding them was a bad idea.

Back