Fuel Pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hazzardboy95

Hon-daaaa
Whats up fellas, here is my set up; I have a cold air intake and full exhaust with some other stuff not related but im about to order my fuel pressure regulator. When it comes in what should I set my fuel pressure at for a good tune or is it going to be a trial and error thing? Post soon thanx.

when you get the skunk manifold you may need a tune.. its gonna bring alot more air in than the stock LS manifold.. id upgrade cams too though

I want to but money is a little tight right now. I still think its funny though that the skunk2 throttle body is more than the manifold. Oh, and as far as cams go I want to change out the valve springs and retainers when I do them and its like 700 for everything.

You know what, I think im gonna grow balls and spend money. When my tax return comes back im gonna buy the manifold and with my paycheck buy the regulator and then install all at once. Yup, kinda sounds like a plan.

Alright, mani is on and so is the regulator. I need to know what to set the pressure at. Im at 40lbs at idle and I think it goes up to 45 when it has a load on it. What do you think is a good pressure?

dont mess with the fuel pressure.. its not needed and your car will end up running like crap

You said that if I put a New manifold on I would have to adjust the fuel pressure.

Well, i am in need of a small tune but I would like to get it smoewhere close to where it needs to be. What do you think would be a good pressure to set it at?

well, if you start the car you'll have a surging idle

Back