fuse problems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zanbatou0017

in my 91 civic dx hatchback im having problems with my fuse for the turn signals.
if i click it on, the fuse blows
ive tried 3 different brand new ones and all to the same effect.

this is not only a problem as for turn signals, but that fuse also controls my dash indicators for
car temp, amount of gas, and speedometer

i have no idea where to start to fix this and any help is great!!
thanks in advance

sounds to me like there is a short to ground, pinched or bare wire, grounding out when you engage the turn signal, probably have to refer to schematics to find out which wire the turn signal switch gets its power from and trace it to the source.......

yeah. could be the flicker fluid, too. :unsure:

BlinkFluid.jpg

Dacheat has a very solid point the my car leaks flicker fluid worse then it leaks oil! Sounds like you have a serious problem though and it sucks but first just follow the wires and check anywhere that they come in contact with metal and check for bare wires.. if you dont find anything... dang i feel sorry for ya

^x2 -- i mean seriously you could just switch out the bulbs quick and see if it solves your issue but most likely it's wiring. wiring takes time but it's not impossible. just put the work in...

or go look for some blinker fluid.

Back