future mopars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3 cyl with the same disp as my civ, 45 mpg, and yeah, it looks like acrossfire. turbo that bitch, and it would rock!!!

to bad the people that wrote it are retads- power to weight ratio in lbs/hp? what the hell is that? that is a weight to power ratio which means jack-

lol i seen that shit to i just kept on reading thinking i was stupid :D glad you pointed that out

The 2005 Dodge Magnum RT will feature cylinder deactivation when it goes on sale in the spring of 2004. The Chrysler Group Multi Displacement System (MDS) seamlessly turns off the fuel consumption in four cylinders of the 5.7-liter HEMI engine when V-8 power is not needed. This provides a world class combination of performance and fuel economy.

i can't wait to see how bad this fails.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 26 2004, 06:00 PM
to bad the people that wrote it are retads- power to weight ratio in lbs/hp? what the hell is that? that is a weight to power ratio which means jack-

are you retarded?

lets take 200 horses.. same in every way, except one is 200 lbs lighter. what one would win? hmm, the one with better power/weight ratio.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 27 2004, 12:35 AM
The 2005 Dodge Magnum RT will feature cylinder deactivation when it goes on sale in the spring of 2004. The Chrysler Group Multi Displacement System (MDS) seamlessly turns off the fuel consumption in four cylinders of the 5.7-liter HEMI engine when V-8 power is not needed. This provides a world class combination of performance and fuel economy.

the svt lightning cuts cylinders when you shift...not quite the same tho...

hahah funny, I would like to see someone try to mod it.

It already has failed once...in the 70s during the gas crunch I think it was Oldsmobile? who tried it... failed miserably and it's been 30 some years since it was even brought back up.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 27 2004, 01:37 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 27 2004, 12:35 AM

It already has failed once...in the 70s during the gas crunch I think it was Oldsmobile? who tried it... failed miserably and it's been 30 some years since it was even brought back up.

it was done in the early- mid 80's by caddilac. it was called the v8-6-4 engine, and it ddi just what the magnum is going to do. it failed then pretty miserably, as the car gained approx 1-2 mpg. with 20 years of computing advancements, ill bet dodge will get this to work well. how much the gas mileage changes is probably just as minimal as the caddilac, its more like a gimmic to make their big honkin truck appeal to greenies.

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr+Jan 27 2004, 02:05 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 27 2004, 01:37 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jan 27 2004, 12:35 AM

it was done in the early- mid 80's by caddilac. it was called the v8-6-4 engine, and it ddi just what the magnum is going to do. it failed then pretty miserably, as the car gained approx 1-2 mpg. with 20 years of computing advancements, ill bet dodge will get this to work well. how much the gas mileage changes is probably just as minimal as the caddilac, its more like a gimmic to make their big honkin truck appeal to greenies.

Thanks...I wanted to say oldsmobile...but i couldn't remember. good info.

Icy_Winds: Dodge is owned by the Daimler-Chrysler Corporation...it's the performance division of Chrysler...with the Viper to prove the point. ;)

No when I said germans I mean mercedes benz. They been owning them for quite some time. Viper to prove the point. dont mean nothing.

Back