future mopars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Since when did Benz buy Dodge...and is there anything out there to back up your claim? I don't remember ever reading about Dodge being bought by MB... also when I typed in dodge.com the headline said Daimler-Chrysler.... not Mercedes Benz. <_<

Mecedes sprinter , Dodge sprinter, there the same. What does dodge know about turbos? SRT-4 thats mecedes, 1988 caravan was turbo.
The one millionth Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van has now left the production line at the DaimlerChrysler plant in Düsseldorf thats in germany Crossfire and pacifica have benz interiors in dodge uniform. Mercedes owns Dodge. go look it up yourself.
You never heard of dailmer mecedes?

sprinter_6_main.jpg

2003_sprinter3.jpg

Top in dodge bottom mercedes now shudap

ok.... that still proves absolutely nothing.

Eagle wasn't owned by Mitsubishi, but they still teamed up as DSM to produce the Talon/Eclipse.

Subaru doesn't own Saab yet they're still coming out with a car using the wrx engine and awd platform under the Saab name using the mixed exterior stylings of both Saab and Subaru.

Just because two companies produce the ONE model of the same vehicle doesn't mean MB owns Dodge. You still gave me absolutely nothing in the way of proof.

When you show me a press release saying that MB bought Dodge then I will say you're right.

ok.... that still proves absolutely nothing.

Eagle wasn't owned by Mitsubishi, but they still teamed up as DSM to produce the Talon/Eclipse.

Subaru doesn't own Saab yet they're still coming out with a car using the wrx engine and awd platform under the Saab name using the mixed exterior stylings of both Saab and Subaru.

Just because two companies produce the ONE model of the same vehicle doesn't mean MB owns Dodge. You still gave me absolutely nothing in the way of proof.

When you show me a press release saying that MB bought Dodge then I will say you're right.

icy_winds jus got :owned: too...but not by mercedes...hahaha

??? okay civious let it all out, you know nothing and your quick to use the owning emoticon, that basically get's used on you.
May 7, 1998

New York Times

The parent of Mercedes-Benz agreed to buy Chrysler Corp. for more than $37 billion Thursday in a deal the two companies see as a way to sell more cars around the world rather than an opportunity to cut jobs and close factories.

Dealerships aren't to be combined and assembly lines are supposed to be left alone -- shoppers won't see Mercedes Grand Cherokees in showrooms and Dodge Neon factories won't be churning out E-Class luxury cars.

The companies don't want to dilute the Mercedes name with a Chrysler brand that some may still associate with bankruptcy and boxy cars.

``We will keep the brands totally separate,'' Daimler-Benz chairman Juergen Schrempp, said at a London news conference to announce details of the biggest-ever industrial merger. Based on last year's car sales figures, the new company, to be called DaimlerChrysler, would rank fifth in the world.

In Washington, White House spokesman Mike McCurry said the administration had taken note of the companies' announcement that there were no plans to cut jobs.

``We estimate with the combined strength, we will grow, we will add volume and we will be creating jobs on both sides of the Atlantic,'' said Schrempp, who cut more than 40,000 employees in two years at Daimler.

Schrempp is to share the top job at DaimlerChrysler with Chrysler chief Robert Eaton for three years before Eaton steps aside, leaving Schrempp as the boss.

There will be some behind-the-scenes savings from shared technical expertise and using their global clout to wrest lower prices from suppliers.

The companies hope the merger will help them sell more Mercedes cars in the United States and more Chryslers in Europe. They say the initial benefits of increased sales and cost savings should come to $1.4 billion next year and in three to five years the number should reach $3 billion annually.

Plans to make DaimlerChrysler a global superstar of car sales could come at the expense of Japanese automakers who have seen their Asian markets wither under economic turmoil.

Where were you like 6 years ago. In the media, expessially around detroit, they made it sound like DB and Chyrislar "merged" but in realality, Dodge was in the shits, almost to the point of brankrupcy, Daimlerbenz bought 51 percent of the company's stock, fired almost all of the CEO's and now, the company is now european. I love it how Dodge Ram Hicks bitch about the youth of america buying "Japanese" cars when most of the "Japanese" cars are more american then most "american cars"

Edit, fuck, I totally forgot to say what I orginally wanted to say. The new pickup engine from Chevy is also going to have the "step down cylinders" At the autoshow, they acutally had a dyno set up, with one of these engines hooked up to it, and had a little demo. To "turn off a cylinder" it takes away hydrolic pressure to the lifters, and then cuts off fuel. It is pretty cool technoligy, but I am sure it will flop because american companys introduce "cutting edge technoligy" but then never stick with it OR they market that and only that. The CVT transmission is a great case of this. Caddy named there car the CVT because it was the first GM car to have this, however honda had this years ago with the Civic HX and has been selling it in great numbers. At the same time, almost every company has a CVT tranny, including Mini, Honda (now on the insight) and verious other companys. American companys >>> Japanesse companys at marketting
The world >>> America at building quaility cars with new technoligy.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 27 2004, 09:20 PM
lots of people are mad about them merging

but thats the thing, they did not merge. Timewarner and AOL merged, Daimlerbenz bought out chryslar

back to the orginal topic, the slingshot is "kinda" a bad ass car. It is actually derived from a Smart chassis. DB said that they are going to bring Smart to the US, however, instead of bringing over some of there pretty cool city cars, they are going to bring over another SUV. This is kinda the way they are trying to get back. It just needs more power.

THANK YOU for providing the proof, I now stand corrected. But I'm not going to listen to your self absorbed "I'm right" bullshit without you backing up your statements with real facts.

first, i like those cars...both of em. i like the design, i like the ideas, the whole nine. second, it wasnt mercedes benz that bought chrysler, it was the company that bought benz that bought chrysler. anyway, with as much as i love my civic, and hondas in general, i love mopars. its in my blood. my dad has a 69 superbee and a 71 roadrunner, along with countless other mopars that hes owned. i owned a spirit rt that wouldve owned most cars on this site. yes, i love hondas, but i think these cars are going to be great. dodge has statistically a very percentage of its concepts that make it to production, and that shows that they engineer for the enthusiast, not the bean counters. :flamesuit:

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Jan 29 2004, 06:57 PM
it wasnt mercedes benz that bought chrysler, it was the company that bought benz that bought chrysler. i owned a spirit rt that wouldve owned most cars on this site.

??? :wall: what company is that are they hiding?
LOL what did you have done to it? 15.1 stock I have a couple of cars that can take it.
91rt_red.jpg

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 30 2004, 06:31 AM-->
bigdaddyIII
@Jan 29 2004, 06:57 PM
it wasnt mercedes benz that bought chrysler, it was the company that bought benz that bought chrysler.  i owned a spirit rt that wouldve owned most cars on this site.

Uh dude, daimler benz is the companys name, and they produce MB cars. Just like GM is the company that makes Chevy cars.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 30 2004, 05:31 AM-->
bigdaddyIII
@Jan 29 2004, 06:57 PM
it wasnt mercedes benz that bought chrysler, it was the company that bought benz that bought chrysler.   i owned a spirit rt that wouldve owned most cars on this site.

LOL what did you have done to it? 15.1 stock I have a couple of cars that can take it.
91rt_red.jpg

actually, they were mid-high 14's stock in 91, and with k&n, 2.5" exhaust and an ND comp i got mine into the 13.8-13.9 region. god, i loved that car.
and mine was white. much better then red.

Back