Future

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am sure it can be done with enough machining to make an adapter plate
it would be cheaper just to buy an F series 5 speed trans for 100 bucks at a junk yard though

you're talking a lot of weight, time and money to put an f series motor in your car
you're going to need mounts and shifter cables, and thats just the start of it
and you're going to have 140 or 160 hp if you land a vtec f series, or the 200 if you bust a nut for the twin cam vtec f series
its just not worth it

I bagged my truck without knowing anything. I hadn't even welded before. So I bought a welder, practiced, then started cutting. It came out great the first time because I researched and made sure I knew exactly what I was doing and was going to do before I did it.

This is what I plan on doing.

aight, so i maybe have some new plans for the next summer. what do you guys think i should do, boosting my d16y7 or swap for a b16a or something like that ? boosting would be cheaper I think since i would be probably buying separate parts on ebay to make a ''homemade'' turbo kit.. do you think stock internals can hold it to 7-8 psi and still run great after a couple of years ? would i be ok if i would only change pistons for low comp pistons ?
Sorry for the newbie questions, but i really need your opinion..

Sounds like a disaster. I saw:

cheaper
ebay
home-made

...all in the same sentence.

Unless you are a fabricator and a professional bargain hunter, that sounds like a melty explosion waiting to happen.

Just don't join the military, get married, have two kids, finish college online, AND try to build your Honda dream. I regret nothing I just mentioned, but they all SERIOUSLY cut into your schedule...

2.5 years later and my Integra is just about to hit the road for the first time...

Interesting joining the military was the only reason I had the time and money to do al those things :p

Sounds like a disaster. I saw:

cheaper
ebay
home-made

...all in the same sentence.

Unless you are a fabricator and a professional bargain hunter, that sounds like a melty explosion waiting to happen.

Lolll so i guess it isnt a good idea...

Back