Gas prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think i'm going to start shopping for a civic vx when i sell my nissan. fuck i hate life. i wouldn't care about it if i made $200k.

this is a very ignorant thread. it's called a replacement cost. if gas prices go up today, they have already paid for the gas in the tanks. so when it goes up today for them, they must pay the raised prices to fill it.[/quote]

The gas stations are just as much to blame. When prices fall, they don't mark it down until they are out of that exact tanks of fuel. But when prices go UP they immediately rush to raise. The market price won't hit their pockets for another 3 months.

They raise on speculation, they drop on convenience.

I haven't paid attention to gas prices the last few days, but the last time I filled up (nearly 5 days ago) I paid $3.20 for premium cause I've been getting used to it since I'll have to run it when I go nitrous/turbo anyway. And every time gas prices go up it just gets on my nerves parking at school when there's like 4 rich kids that pull up in bling'd out H2's and girls that for some reason drive an SUV.

I still say FUCK those stupid ass environmentalist tree hugging pussies and kick their ass out of Alaska and the Gulf so we can drill more of our own damn oil.

And I also say desperate times call for desperate measures, we gotta do something like take the oil from Iraq with force there's gotta be something, because I refuse to drive a car that doesn't run on gas, unless the alternative fuel makes equal or more power. I drive my 93 Civic everywhere, 10 miles round trip school, 10 miles round trip work, and I only have to fill up like once every 5-7 days depending on how many days off I have and how much vtec fun I have. I'd live in my car and say fuck a house if I had to do it to keep my ride. The most I'd be willing to sacrifice is either public transportation or motorcycle during the week, but I gotta have a fun car AT LEAST for weekends.

There should most definitely be a law made for fuel mileage. Full tank of premium runs me usually around $25, now in my mom's Ford Taurus it costs her over $45 to fill up from 1/4 tank with 87 octane, which is killin her because she delivers newspapers every morning with her own car (19 miles approx. every morning all routes combined) and she has to fill up every like 4 days. What sucks is that around here, delivering newspapers actually is one of the highest paying jobs you can get without a type of degree, but that'll change soon with these fuckin ass gas prices.

I don't get the whole diplomatic aspect of gasoline prices, but I agree that the main reason for the pollution and all that bullshit is the stupid hummers and SUVs cruising around. They're eating up everyone's gas. i think everyone should drive a CRX (or Honda lol):D I pay about $27 to fill the tank!

I haven't paid attention to gas prices the last few days, but the last time I filled up (nearly 5 days ago) I paid $3.20 for premium cause I've been getting used to it since I'll have to run it when I go nitrous/turbo anyway. And every time gas prices go up it just gets on my nerves parking at school when there's like 4 rich kids that pull up in bling'd out H2's and girls that for some reason drive an SUV.

I still say FUCK those stupid ass environmentalist tree hugging pussies and kick their ass out of Alaska and the Gulf so we can drill more of our own damn oil.

And I also say desperate times call for desperate measures, we gotta do something like take the oil from Iraq with force there's gotta be something, because I refuse to drive a car that doesn't run on gas, unless the alternative fuel makes equal or more power. I drive my 93 Civic everywhere, 10 miles round trip school, 10 miles round trip work, and I only have to fill up like once every 5-7 days depending on how many days off I have and how much vtec fun I have. I'd live in my car and say fuck a house if I had to do it to keep my ride. The most I'd be willing to sacrifice is either public transportation or motorcycle during the week, but I gotta have a fun car AT LEAST for weekends.

There should most definitely be a law made for fuel mileage. Full tank of premium runs me usually around $25, now in my mom's Ford Taurus it costs her over $45 to fill up from 1/4 tank with 87 octane, which is killin her because she delivers newspapers every morning with her own car (19 miles approx. every morning all routes combined) and she has to fill up every like 4 days. What sucks is that around here, delivering newspapers actually is one of the highest paying jobs you can get without a type of degree, but that'll change soon with these fuckin ass gas prices.
spoken like a true teenager. give it 10 years and you'll want to leave the country rather than fight the system.

3.42/gal home heating oil.

haha lucky you i just paid 3.69/gal i mean seriously 650 bucks for heating oil is just plain rediculous. thank god summer is comin and i can turn off the furnace. next year wood stove ftmfw.

Just wondering how high the price of gas will get before people start boycotting it. Its up to $3.45 for regular and $3.85 for premium. I understand its a neccesity but come on, its getting stupid. I seen a figure on another website on how much the oil companies would lose if no one bought gas for just one day, I dont remember how much but it was a lot, somewhere in the billions.:eek:
down here in arlington, the city has cut the number of cops partolling because the prices are way too high.

So how exactly are we going to deal with this? when gas goes up people wont spend more money on goods, bad for the econ. we need more than 600 in july. when gas hits 4.00 , 600 dollar is only 15 fillups

i'm taking the bus to work on monday. i'll let you guys know how it goes. until then, nick out.

It seems like every time I stumble onto a thread, I get tired of reading everyones posts, so I start scroll/skimming, but somehow something just pulls at me from your posts, and makes me appear to be an ignorant asshole that likes to start up argument, which isn't entirely true, but I always do seem to have a response to you.

First off, I have to know, why does it bother you that girls drive SUV's?

Second, have you ever been to Alaska? It's beautiful for one thing, so if there was a nationwide vote on your ass-kicking-out-of-Alaska idea, I'd be the first to vote against it. Also, 90% of the people in Alaska are of some other foreign background, like Korean or something. Yet still another, I don't think I've ever seen more nicely done up Evo's or WRX's, and if you've got such a huge problem with prices, then I'd say buy a diesel and use corn oil as fuel.

Third, I'm sure that you wouldn't put your life on the line to jump into Iraq and "force" them to give you oil.

I actually believe Bush passed a bill or law or something making GM, Ford, and Dodge have a minimum of 35mpg by 2020, but new standards will be taking effect in 2011.

$3.20 for premium? That must be nice. I pay $3.35 for 87.

And I think you're math is wrong. If it costs your mom $45 for a quarter tank-full, then either your mom got a custom gas tank, or you need to go back and learn some better math. Let's say she spent the same $3.20 for premium that you spent. I believe they have about a 16 gallon tank. so 1/4 of that, is 4, which leaves 12 gallons. 12*3.20=38.4.

And not so much on you now, I personally don't give a fuck about gas prices. I really don't think there's a damn thing any of us can do, so who cares? Ride a bike. Walk. Roller Skate. Buy a 3cyl metro (z6crx:cool:)

I get about 15 miles to the gallon around the city in my Santa Fe, with a 16.5 gallon tank. I get almost double that mileage on the highway, but, I rarely drive on the highway.

I don't get the whole diplomatic aspect of gasoline prices, but I agree that the main reason for the pollution and all that bullshit is the stupid hummers and SUVs cruising around. They're eating up everyone's gas. i think everyone should drive a CRX (or Honda lol):D I pay about $27 to fill the tank!

Pollution because of all the hummers and SUV's driving around? What about rice fucks cruising around, just burning up gas in their slow shit eg, so that they can do a rev-by at an Impala? Or what about the kid who does a home-made boost job and decides that exhaust is unnecessary from the down pipe back, don't you think that makes just a little more pollution that a stock hummer? Fuck, what about trash companies? Where do you think all the trash that you let sit out by the street until the garbage truck comes, goes to? Land fill. Pollution in it's rawest form. And unfortunately, not everyone can drive a CRX, and not all Honda's get great mileage. Passports get about 16 city, and CRXs and Del Sol's both discourage the ability to carry an infant in the car.

So how exactly are we going to deal with this? when gas goes up people wont spend more money on goods, bad for the econ. we need more than 600 in july. when gas hits 4.00 , 600 dollar is only 15 fillups
I agree with you on the economy part, I couldn't really understand the rest. But again, there's not really anything we can do. A second depression is on it's way, just like a 3rd World War.

Summary of the above shit-rant:
I don't agree with 98% of what 93civicracer says
Unless you own an oil company, there's not much you can do about gas prices.
Buy a bicycle.
I don't get good gas mileage either.
Not all Honda's get good mileage.
A lot of other things create worse pollution than a Hummer.
Big Fucking Deal. Next topic, please.

EDIT: To anyone who mentioned home heating, you do have a very valid point there, that I can't comprehend because I still live with mom. But the above is how I feel, at least about auto-gas prices.

Pic is a cell phone pic from a bike trail in Alaska

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
It seems like every time I stumble onto a thread, I get tired of reading everyones posts, so I start scroll/skimming, but somehow something just pulls at me from your posts, and makes me appear to be an ignorant asshole that likes to start up argument, which isn't entirely true, but I always do seem to have a response to you.

First off, I have to know, why does it bother you that girls drive SUV's?

Second, have you ever been to Alaska? It's beautiful for one thing, so if there was a nationwide vote on your ass-kicking-out-of-Alaska idea, I'd be the first to vote against it. Also, 90% of the people in Alaska are of some other foreign background, like Korean or something. Yet still another, I don't think I've ever seen more nicely done up Evo's or WRX's, and if you've got such a huge problem with prices, then I'd say buy a diesel and use corn oil as fuel.

Third, I'm sure that you wouldn't put your life on the line to jump into Iraq and "force" them to give you oil.

I actually believe Bush passed a bill or law or something making GM, Ford, and Dodge have a minimum of 35mpg by 2020, but new standards will be taking effect in 2011.

$3.20 for premium? That must be nice. I pay $3.35 for 87.

And I think you're math is wrong. If it costs your mom $45 for a quarter tank-full, then either your mom got a custom gas tank, or you need to go back and learn some better math. Let's say she spent the same $3.20 for premium that you spent. I believe they have about a 16 gallon tank. so 1/4 of that, is 4, which leaves 12 gallons. 12*3.20=38.4.

And not so much on you now, I personally don't give a fuck about gas prices. I really don't think there's a damn thing any of us can do, so who cares? Ride a bike. Walk. Roller Skate. Buy a 3cyl metro (z6crx:cool:)

I get about 15 miles to the gallon around the city in my Santa Fe, with a 16.5 gallon tank. I get almost double that mileage on the highway, but, I rarely drive on the highway.

Pollution because of all the hummers and SUV's driving around? What about rice fucks cruising around, just burning up gas in their slow shit eg, so that they can do a rev-by at an Impala? Or what about the kid who does a home-made boost job and decides that exhaust is unnecessary from the down pipe back, don't you think that makes just a little more pollution that a stock hummer? Fuck, what about trash companies? Where do you think all the trash that you let sit out by the street until the garbage truck comes, goes to? Land fill. Pollution in it's rawest form. And unfortunately, not everyone can drive a CRX, and not all Honda's get great mileage. Passports get about 16 city, and CRXs and Del Sol's both discourage the ability to carry an infant in the car.

I agree with you on the economy part, I couldn't really understand the rest. But again, there's not really anything we can do. A second depression is on it's way, just like a 3rd World War.

Summary of the above shit-rant:
I don't agree with 98% of what 93civicracer says
Unless you own an oil company, there's not much you can do about gas prices.
Buy a bicycle.
I don't get good gas mileage either.
Not all Honda's get good mileage.
A lot of other things create worse pollution than a Hummer.
Big Fucking Deal. Next topic, please.

EDIT: To anyone who mentioned home heating, you do have a very valid point there, that I can't comprehend because I still live with mom. But the above is how I feel, at least about auto-gas prices.

Pic is a cell phone pic from a bike trail.

You're kind of attacking people. I know I didn't include all the ricers and shit that you were talking about, but that's cuz all I see around IDAHO is huge trucks and fancy hummers.
Besides, there's plenty of room in the back for an infant :D
Or you could try the storage compartment right behind the front seats lol.
Glovebox?

$3.87 for a gallon of Premium, Hmm. I WISH! :eek: I'm in Canada, so we go by the liter here ( in which case it's $1.32/liter. And that's for Regular [87] ) and since there's almost 4 liters in a gallon, we technically pay (for Premium 2 $1.38) damn near $6/gallon.:eek:

I went on a little bike ride with my friend, me on the 1200 and he on his 1800.

I watched him pump gas into his Honda at $3.96 a gallon. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes.

I solved mine for now. Until the dependence on oil drops or shit hits the fan, I wont have as much to lose.

I spent $200 on a used car that gets good gas mileage, as opposed to buying a new or newer car that wont get that good of mileage unless its a hybrid.

Back