1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas Tank Prob.

Discussion in 'Integra' started by kallmijonx2, Aug 16, 2006.

1. kallmijonx2

kallmijonx2 New Member

Got a problem that hopefully sum1 can help me with. I have a 92 integ. There is something wrong with the gas gauge/tank/etc. I can fill the car up to a full tank and it shows that i have a full tank of gas but as soon as i reach a half a tank of gas, the car dies on sharp turns and sudden stops so basically i drive with a half a tank of gas and i have to re-fuel everytime it hits half a tank. My rents bought me the car with the problem but i have yet found a starting point to try to fix the problem. Any advice?

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

no clue....i dont know what happends when you break the lil plastic thing in your fuel tank, but id assume itd be kinda like the problem you discribed.

3. kallmijonx2

kallmijonx2 New Member

well it works. the "little plastic thingy" isnt broken. it moves and everything when i fill it up and when i use the car, i thought it had to be something internally. idk

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i meant like the thing leaks....but if it looks good then its probably not the reason. im just throwin shit out there.

5. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

get a new fuel pump and sending unit, that should solve your problem.

6. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

just fill up and reset your odometer every time. keep track of mileage. if it dies when you know there is gas in there, you have narrowed it down to something other than the instrumentation. then shoot for the fuel pump and sending unit like welfare said.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted