general swap questions, 91 civic- dohc d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90dals

hey guys, im fairly new on this forum. i noticed a ton of helpful info.

anyways, i sold my 90 integra a couple weeks ago, and buying a 91 dx hatch (105k) this weekend. im planning a dohc d16 swap.

i understand that i need a MPFI swap, the engine mounts are same (atleast use the civic ones) and shift linkage is the same.

now, do i use 90-93 integra axles? from b18a right (As in not the b17 gsr ones, that would be 92-93 anyways).

do i have to bash in the wheel well to fit the alt?

what other mods do i need? i know i need a DOHC ecu. which ECUs specifically will work for me? 1g tegs, and 2g tegs?

anything else i should know?

thanks in advance.

Stephen
Ballistic Performance
614-262-4176

Use your current transmission and axles. Do an mpfi swap and use the zc ecu or an 88-89 5spd teg ecu.

use a DX tranny? not a ZC tranny? why would the DX be better, shorter?

just wondering, not questioning your judgement.

I thought that you were just changing the engine. If youuse a usdm tranny then you do not have to swtich axles. If you do use the zc tranny then you will need to get custom made axles. I am not sure which combo of axles it is, but the info is all over the internet. The best transmission gearing would be to make a hybrid zc/si tranny. The crx si trany would be the next best, then the zc, then the dx/lx sedan tranny, then the dx hatch/crx tranny.

Back