gettin ready to drop in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

aight, my ? is how good usually are the trannies on the b16a1's. I got mine from nippon motors. I have a replacement clutch, but i was wondering if it would be worth while to swap it out now or drive on the old one. Plus these engine are only supposed to have around 60k miles at the max right?

if i were you i would defiantly change the clutch b4 you drop it in! there are not any for sure ways to tell the milage on these engines but they tend to be low considering in Japan they use the poublic transportation system more and its a small island, and taxes are higher or something like that on older cars, i read this in another post in this forum. i would change the timing belt, plugs etc.. as well, hope this helps good luck

Originally posted by ConceptSleeper@Oct 4 2003, 08:23 AM
if i were you i would defiantly change the clutch b4 you drop it in! there are not any for sure ways to tell the milage on these engines but they tend to be low considering in Japan they use the poublic transportation system more and its a small island, and taxes are higher or something like that on older cars, i read this in another post in this forum. i would change the timing belt, plugs etc.. as well, hope this helps good luck

I agree ;)

whats up evryone,I got a b16a1 from j-spec autosporsts,to put in my crx dx.this swap fit mint with enjo mounts.my problem now is that I have no spark and don't were to wire the v-tec to.the spark is killing me because i checked all harnesses and ecu.there was a crane cam ignition on it but it was cut (bought car from friend)and need some help.
:spin:

Back