Getting a Hatch, need help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ReDCiViCSi

Banned
1990 Civic HB
I want to know what engine I should swap into this an also tranny.
You guys are the experts an I'd like to know.. Thanks much

Today's Tuesday, on Friday I'm going to pick up this hatchback from a guy I know. I'm getting it for $1750
This is what it's got right now:
D15B2 SOHC 1.5 engine with head shaved down, and performance cam.
Acura Integra LS mesh wheels, Toyo Proxies 4's tires.
Morse ceramic performance brake pads, slotted front rotors, camber kit, Skunk2 aluminum rear lower control arms, fully adjustable Skunk2 coil-over shocks with newer struts all 4 corners, strut brace, tinted windows, DC sports header, 2¼ Exhaust full cat back with Magnaflow performance muffler, altezza carbon fiber tail lights, JDM clear corner lights, true blue headlights, cold air intake.
Also the interior has been pretty much all replaced by Integra stuff an has subs, amp an cd player.

Last edited:
Come on guys....I definately need help here. I know alot of you know much more about this than me, I'm not asking how to do it, but if it was yours what would you do??? Thanks:)

Well thanks for all the help guys. SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU!
Not... I decided i'm going with the
ZC
D16A8 (ZC)
D16A9 (ZC)

idk which one is better or which one I should get though...I'll just look into it myself nobody on here is much help.

maybe if you posted in the right forum you might get some answers...

well, be happy u have a 90's model... im tryin to get a d15 as an UPGRADE for my '84 hatch... yes, i said upgrade... no mistake, not a typo... my civic has the ancient EW1 carbureted 1.5 liter and it sucks big time! hey... :eek: what u gonna do wid yo old engine? hmmm i may be interested in buying that sucker!

Isn't the ZC a direct bolt in an it has more power then what I would have with the stock engine?? An with a b18a i'd have to swap out the tranny too? That's also something I'm interested in, if you have more details let me know please, thanks.

Yes, you will have to swap out the tranny as well with a b18a swap. NO b-series engines mate with d-series trannies. I would suggest doing the b18a swap though, with the right gearing and some bolt-ons they make decent power and are pretty quick.

An I was asking if I would have to swap out the tranny with a ZC, I wouldn't have to right?

For a full b18 swap you'll need a motor, tranny, ecu, mounts, shift linkage, axels, and a few other misc. parts. To fully swap it in I'd say you're looking at about $2,500 for everything. Its definately worth it if you get the right tranny though.

Back