1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girlfriend needs a car, which?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by SolPWR, Jan 14, 2004.

1. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

So many people on here are asking about getting cars but I got one more difficult for you guys. She needs a running car of anykind for about 3000. But i cant let here get something shitty. has to have >100k miles and at least power windows. Im kinda lost on what to look at. Being a die hard honda guy I say civic ex but those are hard to find that are good.

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

toyota corolla or camry... or a civic if you can find one. i went through the exact same thing with my girl, she ended up getting a 96 jetta

3. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

92si, it will be hard to find one for that price, but I have seen them, also you might want to look into a 90-93 miata, I bought mine for 2500, and it has almost all the features you listed minus power windows. I even got a hard top with mine.

4. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

I REFUSE to ride in a VW! especially a jetta!

5. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

I would just say corolla or camry. Camry's have hella room and are pretty decent for just a regular car. Make it a JDM camry!! :lol:

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Preach on brotha!

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

lol, my sister has an MKIV jetta vr6. its fun to drive and all, pretty tourqey, but she has this damn mickey mouse sticker on the back window and a mickey head ball on the antennae, i'm sure i look like a fag when i have to borrow her car for something :lol:

8. khrisb

khrisb ******

:buyanm:

and B16, I resisted the obvious joke! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, have you looked at 95-99 Dodge Stratuses? I have one, I hate it, but a chick would probably love it. I can't mod it very much... Some have headgasket problems, but I haven't had one. I broke the tranny, but it was human error...I don't want to talk about it. 163,xxx miles and still running fine. A/C, PW, Cruise control. I have an auto. LOTS of space. Pretty good cars, IMO.

9. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

ya VW sucks IMO the corolla and the camry are good options for a chick to also maybe an older accord like early 90's and if it was me i wouldnt buy my girl a drop top rear wheel drive but thats just me

10. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

2nd gen CRX bro! you can easily find a nice one for 3k or less. dont let the small size fool you. its as crashworthy as a civic.

11. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Scared she might have a cooler car than you... :p

12. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

civic, corolla, tercel, celica...

13. Guy

Guy Senior Member

I just went through the same with my girlfriend. We decided on a 92 Nissan NX 2000 (the one with lsd and sr20de) Hers had 93k power everythiing, perfect interior, and only a little paint off the front bumper where it had said hello to a curb. All told we paid $1700 for the car (including taxes etc). Its been a really great car for her thus far, and it is even fun for me to drive too. My only issue with it is the fact that it looks like an egg, but she thinks its cute. hope that helps.

14. mikesphat

mikesphat Senior Member

ANY HONDA U CAN FIND. but i might be a little partial. no mitsu no ford no chevy 4 sho

15. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

ahahaha lol ya miatas are real cool......noep just wouldnt buy one for a girlt hats all

16. sloazcrx

sloazcrx Senior Member

Have you thought of a Mitsubishi Mirage. I know a couple people who have them and they run great. Good gas mileage and fairly comfortable ride with the accessories you mentioned. If not, buy a Dodge Neon......lol....j/k...

17. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

W0rd! VW's are the ugliest, most unreliable, poorly constructed pieces of garbage ever! VW owners are also real assholes for the most part. My buddy's brother got an '03 GTI 1.8T thought his car was the shit. He's already had to have his power window motors replaced under warranty along with his clutch and a headlight. He said it could stomp any Honda out there.

How about an S2000, Derek?
    YEAH!

Well, I walked him like whut. Faggot. :D

Sorry, I had to get some aggression out. Seriously, though, buy her a 90-97 Accord EX or LX. They're great cars and last forever if you baby them.

18. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

:werd: When I was in the ladder part of my life, we had a 91 accord for 9 years, and it was nice. We never had a problem with it while doing the proper maintenance. Also my dad's gf has a 95 camry, and that too is a great car. With basic routine maintenance, nothing has ever gone wrong since she bought it.

Those are what I would look for personally for a girlfriend's car, and they're big enough, where you can trust them to be safe in.

19. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

Camery looks good about now. there is a big no-no list though

No-no list
    VW
    Ford
    Mitsu
    Geo
    Hyundai
    Chevy

20. kingmarc63

kingmarc63 Senior Member