girlfriend needs a car, which?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

So many people on here are asking about getting cars but I got one more difficult for you guys. She needs a running car of anykind for about 3000. But i cant let here get something shitty. has to have >100k miles and at least power windows. Im kinda lost on what to look at. Being a die hard honda guy I say civic ex but those are hard to find that are good.

toyota corolla or camry... or a civic if you can find one. i went through the exact same thing with my girl, she ended up getting a 96 jetta

92si, it will be hard to find one for that price, but I have seen them, also you might want to look into a 90-93 miata, I bought mine for 2500, and it has almost all the features you listed minus power windows. I even got a hard top with mine.

I REFUSE to ride in a VW! especially a jetta!

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jan 14 2004, 02:34 PM-->
@Jan 14 2004, 03:18 PM

Preach on brotha!

lol, my sister has an MKIV jetta vr6. its fun to drive and all, pretty tourqey, but she has this damn mickey mouse sticker on the back window and a mickey head ball on the antennae, i'm sure i look like a fag when i have to borrow her car for something :lol:

:buyanm:

and B16, I resisted the obvious joke! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, have you looked at 95-99 Dodge Stratuses? I have one, I hate it, but a chick would probably love it. I can't mod it very much... Some have headgasket problems, but I haven't had one. I broke the tranny, but it was human error...I don't want to talk about it. 163,xxx miles and still running fine. A/C, PW, Cruise control. I have an auto. LOTS of space. Pretty good cars, IMO.

ya VW sucks IMO the corolla and the camry are good options for a chick to also maybe an older accord like early 90's and if it was me i wouldnt buy my girl a drop top rear wheel drive but thats just me

2nd gen CRX bro! you can easily find a nice one for 3k or less. dont let the small size fool you. its as crashworthy as a civic.

I just went through the same with my girlfriend. We decided on a 92 Nissan NX 2000 (the one with lsd and sr20de) Hers had 93k power everythiing, perfect interior, and only a little paint off the front bumper where it had said hello to a curb. All told we paid $1700 for the car (including taxes etc). Its been a really great car for her thus far, and it is even fun for me to drive too. My only issue with it is the fact that it looks like an egg, but she thinks its cute. hope that helps.

Have you thought of a Mitsubishi Mirage. I know a couple people who have them and they run great. Good gas mileage and fairly comfortable ride with the accessories you mentioned. If not, buy a Dodge Neon......lol....j/k...

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jan 14 2004, 02:18 PM

W0rd! VW's are the ugliest, most unreliable, poorly constructed pieces of garbage ever! VW owners are also real assholes for the most part. My buddy's brother got an '03 GTI 1.8T thought his car was the shit. He's already had to have his power window motors replaced under warranty along with his clutch and a headlight. He said it could stomp any Honda out there.

How about an S2000, Derek?
YEAH!

Well, I walked him like whut. Faggot. :D

Sorry, I had to get some aggression out. Seriously, though, buy her a 90-97 Accord EX or LX. They're great cars and last forever if you baby them.

:werd: When I was in the ladder part of my life, we had a 91 accord for 9 years, and it was nice. We never had a problem with it while doing the proper maintenance. Also my dad's gf has a 95 camry, and that too is a great car. With basic routine maintenance, nothing has ever gone wrong since she bought it.

Those are what I would look for personally for a girlfriend's car, and they're big enough, where you can trust them to be safe in.

Camery looks good about now. there is a big no-no list though

No-no list
VW
Ford
Mitsu
Geo
Hyundai
Chevy

Back