GM autoshow in motion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well yesterday i went to the autoshow in motion here in SD at Qualcomm stadium. I got to drive the GTO, CTS-V, Corvette 6 speed, and the SSR. It was pretty fun. that corvette is damn fast, as is the CTS also, almost as fast as the vette. I was disappointed in the GTO, it felt really slow and not that sporty. the interior was okay but the way it drove i ddint care for. as for the SSR, i hate the looks of it, but once i sat in it i really liked it. the interior is nice, and driving it feels almost like a car. I was getting it sideways around all the turns the first time around the track, then i went for a second spin, and bombed through the course as fast as i could :p . It handles very well, and has a lot of power, 390 hp actually.

And of course the corvette was the reeason i went. I have been wanting to drive the new one really bad, and i loved it. the interior is soo much better than the C5. the placement of everything is a lot better and more comfortable. it feels like you are in a cockpit more than a car. It wa pretty cool too, how they now use door poppers to open the doors, so all you do is press a little button to open the door from the inside, that was cool.

I didnt drive the Hummer, becasue i fuckin hate them and i vowed to Never give that POS any attention from myself, so no i didnt even go over to that area. besides, the piece of shit would probably break anyways so fuck it.

Got a cool little goody bag when i was leaving, had a t shirt in it with the 'vette on the front, and unfortunately the H2 on the back. but yea that was cool to get. It was a good show. I would have returned again throughout the weekend but unfortunatley this is my drill weekend for the Marine corps, so i work till 5. oh well theres always next year.

so did anyone else go here in SD?

thats awsome that they let you drive the cars. I wish they came around my area. Did you drive them by yourself or was a gm rep with you?

The C6 is the best thing to come from Cheverolet since the 69 Camaros

the only I dont like about the car is the placement of the door openers... if you ride in one you will understand.. then again that thing OWNS coming out of the corners.. hehe smokem through 4th... good times good times

Originally posted by dmmd3@Mar 6 2005, 11:54 AM
thats awsome that they let you drive the cars. I wish they came around my area. Did you drive them by yourself or was a gm rep with you?
[post=469861]Quoted post[/post]​

in the cts-v and the vette, there is a pro driver with you holding the e brake. well atleast they say its a pro driver, im not relly sure. but on the other cars there is no one with you.

no its cool, they actually encourage you to get on the gas and get it sideways. which i took full advantage of :D

dude thats awesome

Back