god damn rap music.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
so, Chingy - Holiday Inn is playing on winamp. i reach for my phone that is ringing...

"hello" "hello????"

fucking rap music. the ring was on the freakin song. lol

I like old school rap when it was about who's the baddest rapper. Krush Groove is a great movie. Bizzy Bee, Tone Loc, Young MC... all those guys from the '80s.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 18 2004, 08:56 AM
you cant spell crap w/o rap

I'm not talking about the old school stuff. That's when rap was good. As Loco said, it was about who was baddest. No guns, no bling, it was just about making music and having fun. Sugarhill Gang, Run DMC, KRS-One, etc.

The new shit is polluting the air waves and is making people think that people like Chingy, Nelly, and Ja Rule are what rap's about. It's the same thing as Blink 182 or Simple Plan passing themselves off as punk.

Holiday Inn is a dumb song, written by dumb people. Rap exists in both it's pure forms (Lots of people still doing good beatbox)

Dorfmeister and Kruger, BussDriver, Tricky, and Leftfield put together dark and serious rap that isn't painful to listen to.

-> Steve

Also, as a guilty pleasure, I listen to "Get Low" all the time because of what NFSU has done to my psyche.

I hate how rap has become what it originally existed to make fun of. They used to wear clocks and shit to make fun of rich white people; now they wear million dollar bling...that isn't making fun anymore, thats being worse than the rich whities. Mainstream rap has completely sold out.

Here Here ! I agree with ktanaka on this one.

Rappers do nothing but drop brand names in their "songs" hoping to catch some sort of royalty at some point. It's ridiculous.

Watch MTV Cribs sometime. It's funny. I pointed out that the black people featured in that (mostly Rappers and athletes) do nothing but buy plasma TVs. The blacks on that show have plasma EVERYWHERE. Even in the bathroom.

And not a book in the crib.

The white people have art on the walls, books on the shelves and use their money wisely and perhaps even start a side business outside of their fame.

Cliff Notes: Blacks on Cribs have "Entertainment centers" while Whites have "Bookshelves"

-> Steve

I would rather have entertainment centers than book shelfs.

I dont even remember the last time I thought to myslef.....

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+-->
Hatchbacks Anonymous) said:
I am going to read a book.

^^That hasn't happened and will not ever happen to me but I do remember the last time I said....

Hatchbacks Anonymous

I am going to play XBOX now.

Entertainment Centers > Books anyday.

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 18 2004, 07:48 PM

Rappers do nothing but drop brand names in their "songs" hoping to catch some sort of royalty at some point. It's ridiculous.

Watch MTV Cribs sometime. It's funny. I pointed out that the black people featured in that (mostly Rappers and athletes) do nothing but buy plasma TVs. The blacks on that show have plasma EVERYWHERE. Even in the bathroom.

The white people have art on the walls, books on the shelves and use their money wisely and perhaps even start a side business outside of their fame.

Cliff Notes: Blacks on Cribs have "Entertainment centers" while Whites have "Bookshelves"

-> Steve

So mister WASP, what exactly is your point?

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 18 2004, 01:57 PM-->
@Mar 18 2004, 07:48 PM

-> Steve

So mister WASP, what exactly is your point?

Well, it's obvious. The white man is oppressing our brothers by forcing them to have high paying jobs that allow them to afford whatever they want, yet hold them at gun point to buy Plasma TVs, so the white man can buy up all the books.

Come on, isn't it obvious?

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Mar 18 2004, 01:51 PM

Not even close. It's nice to play a video game once in a while, but if you don't read, you don't excercise your brain, and you don't learn. You get dumb, you get lazy, and when it comes time to learn something, you're "out of shape" mentally, and have a hard time grasping simple concepts, such as the point I'm making. Undoubtedly, you won't agree with me, further proving my point.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Mar 18 2004, 08:20 PM-->
Hatchbacks Anonymous
@Mar 18 2004, 01:51 PM

Not even close. It's nice to play a video game once in a while, but if you don't read, you don't excercise your brain, and you don't learn. You get dumb, you get lazy, and when it comes time to learn something, you're "out of shape" mentally, and have a hard time grasping simple concepts, such as the point I'm making. Undoubtedly, you won't agree with me, further proving my point.

:lol: I almost woke up my kid laughing at that.

Not all rap is bad. I think Outkast is very creative and entertaining at the same time. They dont conform to any of what the other "bling" rappers are doing. I think they do some cool stuff.

Back