Goddammit, not again.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to find out where there is construction on that road
they could have tagged you 10 miles back, which might be in a construction area with a lowered speed limit

Nah, he tagged me about a half-mile before he pulled me over. I saw him on the other side of the road...which was why I wasn't speeding.

you might want to slow down some dude.....

If you pay more attention while you're driving, you'll spot the cops before they spot you.

Don't try that here.

9 times out of 10 if you see an officer sitting on the side of the road he's either doing.

A. Writing reports and letting people see his car to slow people down.
B. Is doing a speed trap and you've already been clocked by another officer.

Almost every single time I get hit by radar I almost never see the officer, or I see the officer AFTER I pass by them.

Passport 8500 FTW or even the just as good V1

Just keep in mind, if you're alone on the roads, they wont keep their radars on and you'll have a very short time to react, however, if there's other cars on the road, you'll pick up the radar that's being bounced off them.

If I'm alone I don't speed, or at least I keep it pretty low 10 over..., I only speed with other cars around.

After being in a few police ride a longs and making friends with a good bit of local officers I now laugh when I hear the keep your eyes open bullshit.

bottom line, if they want to nab you, they will, no matter how good you are at spotting them.

again I can't push it enough, if you do see a police car, chances are they are not shooting radar, or they are shooting radar but not watching it just to fuck with the people who have detectors. =)

As far as the # goes, I'm guessing its just a code for whatever else he saw you doing, guessing fast lane change, or maybe you touched the white line on the side of the road, something stupid. It just gives him more hope in winning the case with the judge.

MR Will was speeding and also driving all over the road....

Call up your local department and ask them, they should tell you what it stands for.

P.S Try to go on a ride a long with your local PD, you'll learn some neat stuff and maybe even make a few buds =)
Depending on how large your area is, they might all know you and you're an easy target to pick out.

I thought it was funny when I went on a ride along in Calvert officers knew my car. "oh so you're the one with the red 350Z" Ummm, yes that's mine... why do you ask? "dude that thing is nice looking! We always see it down near so and so"

=)

Last edited:
you need to find out where there is construction on that road
they could have tagged you 10 miles back, which might be in a construction area with a lowered speed limit
thats why i told him to find out the speed limit at the mile marker that the cop wrote down...because that is where he was clocked...

ROFL.. I saw the green and was like hey! Thats a TX Speeding Ticket!

I got one similar... Replace the 74 with 98 though... Keep the speed limit the same though... :D

Was it night time? foggy? smoggy? On an Odd Minute of the hour? because TX Troopers drop the speed limit whenever they feel like it.

it was in the 8 am hour... the dude should know better. Wil has more tickets this year than he has had cars.

:shrug2:

I came through clean, but I was running that same stretch of highway tonight well over the speed limit. I only got to 97mph though. Oh well.

I knew what this thread was about before even opening it.....

A) 70 MPH during the daytime on "numbered" highways outside an urban district for passenger cars(2) and motorcycles Tran. Code §545.352(b)(2)
B) 65 MPH during the nighttime on "numbered" highways outside an urban district for passenger cars2 and motorcycles Tran. Code §545.352(b)(2)
C) 60 MPH during the daytime on highways that are not "numbered" and that are outside of an urban district for passenger vehicles and motorcycles Tran. Code §545.352(b)(3)
D) 55 MPH during the nighttime on highways that are not "numbered" and that are outside of an urban district for passenger vehicles and motorcycles Tran. Code§545.352(b)(3)
E) 60 MPH outside an urban district unless another speed limit has been established by law. Tran. Code §545.352(b)(4)
F) 30 MPH in an urban district Tran. Code §545.352(b)(1)
G) 15 MPH in an alley Tran. Code §545.352(b)(1)

When they actually stake you out for months on end you get good at spotting them
Again most of the time you see an officer they're doing nothing more then writing reports and letting people know their presence.
I don't care how good you are at spotting a police car, if they're behind something, no matter how good you are at spotting something, you can't see them, unless you have some sort of super power. Again Officer behind a building, or in the woods = can't see shit. and officer in a parking lot, side of road, in the middle of the highway = writing reports. MOST of the time.... Of course I'm speaking for Maryland.

. Radar only works for 1/4 mile.

You need a new detector.
Check out this quote from a review on the Passport 8500

"It ferreted out the lethal digital Ka-band radar gun at 40,222 feet, a virtual tie with the BEL 980 but fully 3.2 miles before the Valentine One."

Thats over 7 miles....... tad bit more then the 1/4 mile you figured. For the record I own two passports.

Of course that's IF the officer is shooting the radar gun rather then sitting there with it off. In the case of speed traps I can spot them from miles away.

And again, most every time an officer is shooting radar in a non speed trap type setup (speed trap meaning 3-4 cars lined up pulling tons of people over) they hide in places you can't see.

Last edited:
I have a passport 7500. I've seen K band 2 miles down the road.

BDN was in my car once when my detector was going off from that kind of distance. It just depends on if they flip it on to grab you quick, or if they're driving around with it on.

Blanco, let me know when the cops around you start driving "normal" cars and then tell me that you can spot them.

The mini-van from the town over will surely pull you over.

You mean the mini-van that has a cage in the back and a visible light on the dash? We have one around here too. :)

Nope.

I mean the caravan that is unmarked, no atenna, no cage, no spotlight by the sideview mirror, nothing.

How about the PT cruiser, or the mustang?

Oh yeah, they're called chase cars not patrol cars. No cages, no markings, nothing. No government plates, no police interceptor logo.

I know you think you're intelligent, but most of us know these basic things. You see the brake lights on the highway all getting jammed on, you slow down for safety and the possibility of the cop. You scan ahead, you look in your rear view.

It doesn't help when the cop is on a sidestreet or coming the other way running moving radar.

You simply don't get pulled over because you do 5mph on sidestreets - thats virtually not speeding. Highway driving is rare to get pulled over.

I regularly go atleast 10-15mph over the speedlimit whereever I am because thats simply the pace I'm comfortable driving and rarely get pulled over. There's something to be said for a radar detector, scanning the roads, and not driving wrecklessly but if they want you - they will get you. Bottom line.

i've never had a cop mention a radar detector on a ticket, although i have gotten a few smartass remarks before. also, i've never had a cop reduce my speed. i have a cobra radar detector that i got at project graduation. it works pretty good; it's gone off before and i didn't see the cop for about 3 min. also, weather affects radar, especially fog. and cops have a harder time getting a good signal on cars with a low profile(corvettes), and maybe non-metallic body parts help as well. a cousin of mine is a florida state trooper, and he once told me that he doesn't usually pull people over unless they're doing 15 or more over; however, all my tickets were less than 15 over, except one which was 18 over. actually a colorado state trooper once gave me a ticket for 10 over. that really sucked. also, the most covert unmarked car i've ever seen in texas was a black impala with limo tent, but even it had the "TEXAS EXEMPT" tags.

cops also dont pull you over for simply speeding. They'll use it as an excuse to see if you got anything on you. Cops dont give a fuck about speeders (for the most part), they're lookin for drunks and drugs, plain and simple. Being a younger person and driving a honda certainly doesnt help.

I've been pulled over and told i was speeding, but since i was sober as a goat and my car didnt smell like beer or weed, he just gave me a warning. A friend of mine got pulled over and got a speeding ticket, when it was presented to him the cop said "ill rip this up if you can provide me with some names or info concerning drugs."

cops also dont pull you over for simply speeding. They'll use it as an excuse to see if you got anything on you. Cops dont give a fuck about speeders (for the most part), they're lookin for drunks and drugs, plain and simple. Being a younger person and driving a honda certainly doesnt help.

I've been pulled over and told i was speeding, but since i was sober as a goat and my car didnt smell like beer or weed, he just gave me a warning. A friend of mine got pulled over and got a speeding ticket, when it was presented to him the cop said "ill rip this up if you can provide me with some names or info concerning drugs."

You have a fucked up area my friend.

Where we live, they just pull you over for revenue. They know the skiers going out to mt. baker aren't going to drive up there from seattle(3 hours) to fight a 200 dollar ticket.

I know you think you know everything about everything, but you might want to check on Caifornia. But you've got years of real world experience with everything. Oh wait, no you don't. You're just a know-it-all college kid. :)

And thanks for repeating what I said on the last page. That was a great help.

Hey dipshit, for someone who is talking about a know-it-all you sure made the assumption that you know just what the minivan was like.

Fucking idiot. God you need to be punched repeatedly sometimes. You were just talking about hypocrisy in the other thread and then you spew this bullshit.

Logic > You.

You can't predict a car running moving radar and coming the other direction - or can you since you're just that brilliant and that far advanced above the masses? If they want you, they'll get you. End of story.

You're no grander than anyone else. You say that you speed 5mph over on sidestreets - gee I wonder why you don't get pulled over often. You're a scrawny white guy driving an old ass civic, wow you're that high profile - this can't have any effect on the number of times you're pulled over now can it? Wow, there's such thing as chance and luck in life and they're on your side right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back