Good Engine for Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, exahusts aren't even legal in that state...

fuck it man... you're screwed anyway... nmight as well at least have fun with it :)

well it's not that bad, but close to it :)

can't I turn the boost down or turn the turbo off or something when I go for inspection :huh:

problem is, if you run an external wastegate, it vents to the atmosphere
thats illegal.

me, i stopped giving a shit. if i dont pass, im going for my monthly re-tries, and then, if i still dont pass, offering the guy a $100, and if ia still don't pass, then im selling the fucking car :)

sounds like a plan... you could also take the wastegate out prolly... or patch it up with some tape :lol:

man, engines are a lot more complicated then I thought... initially, I wanted to stick in a gsr motor and turbo it. But now I learn I gotta do all this other stuff to the engine and I don't need to swap... :unsure:

well, I'm still working on making the damn thing lighter and getting the suspension done... so I stll have some time until I need to do the engine. It's a good thing I started researching this now so I can learn as much as I can before I actually get it done.

Right now I'm really into the whole LS/VTEC build though... It sounds like the best price to performance. I'm still a bit concerned about the reliablility of this kind of build and the whole street legal issue. I have no idea how far I can go and that scares me, cuz if I over do it and it doesn't pass, then I gotta take some of that shit off and that would really suck. :huh:

For now, I think I'll do some research into the legal stuff and see what is allowed and what is not...

Back