Got a another one!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i just purchased a 99cx W/96,325 miles. for 4.5k red, completely stock........what do you guys think...

i am starting to plan out the future of this car.
..i am going to turbo charge the SOHC until it pops....any suggestions on the most logical home made turbo setup..i only want to spend no more than $800 bucks i'll probably wont use an IC.....lots a variations to consider.... so a little help is always welcome....

after i complete the turbo, i am going to start looking into a k24/k20 frankenstine swap.....
i finally have the car i always wanted.....(honda that is)
any comments.... :beer:

For ultra cheap, you'd probably go with an SSAutoShit manifold and a bunch of stuff off a Ford T-Bird TurboPoop.

yeah im planing on getting a used log manifold with an internally wg turbo

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 12:47 PM
dont dump a DIME into the d16y7. worhtless motor. don't even turbo it.

save for the k-swap
[post=445138]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought about that but then i wont want to drive the car...i could probably sell the kit after im done having fun.....i think its worth the learning exp....and i get to dstroy it.....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 10:47 AM
dont dump a DIME into the d16y7. worhtless motor. don't even turbo it.

save for the k-swap
[post=445138]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly my take on it, B. If he's gonna spool on a cheap ass motor, he may as well use cheap ass parts. :shrug2:

thats what im going to do ......just starting to search for parts.....any one selling d series compatible FI parts

i would advise against ss auto shit, if you want cheap use the hf mani with an adaptor plate

sounds like you'll be running an FMU with high pressure fuel pump for managment, or lack thereof i should say...
you can always try uberdata or any of the other free-ish managment programs, but i've not worked with them yet...

i would advise that you use an intercooler as this can be a big help with preventing detonation, and you can use any intercooler off any car, it doesn;t have to be an expensive one...

i would also suggest that you try and get a whole car, thats the only way i see you meeting your budget... get a turbo saab or something for 200 bucks and strip the turbo stuff, turbo, down pipe, possibly stock BOV, internal wastegated turbo, intercooler, all intercooler lines, and oil lines for the turbo, you might be able to do something with them...
and you may also be able to use the stock turbo mani to fabricate your adapter plate?

yeah im just going with an fmu......and fpr.....as far as the IC...i wont use one for the 6psi daily but when i go out on sat...ill prob use a toluene fuel mix to bump up the octain and bump up the psi to 8-9 psi..and ill probably wrap the charge pipes with heat wrap i have in the garage...i know its not the best but who cares....ive got the crx or altima to get me aroud if it blows..... finally i get to cause havoc.....on a poor litle d...ha

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 13 2005, 01:10 PM
just do the k swap
[post=445156]Quoted post[/post]​

its a little too much $$$ right now and i hate driving the car how it is.....but i cant wait...

fmu AND fpr?

i believe a fmu is an fpr for boost...

fpr regulates depending on vacuum, fmu regulates depending on boost...

and i don;t understand why you wouldn;t use an intercooler, they're cheap and a small one can be fit anywhere that you route the pipes... doesn;t need to be front mount or anything...

yeah i just noticed i wrote that....
really i thought if it was a side mount i would have to get new ends welded on

well i have to see what exact parts i need ..i am looking for a complete type s swap and an element block...so i have the ecu and keys that go with the swap if not its all useless.....but i am concentrating more in making the POS sohc move....

hmmm, just get a ZC or something, then wait a few weeks and turbo that.

I would defenitly get an intercooler, even a small FMIC isn't too expensive, 120 bucks or so or a stock turbo cars is like 10-1000 but theres something out there for you. I also agree, ssautochrome is garbage, I got a nice log manifold for like 130 bucks for my LS...there's no more so don't ask. I can sell you a CX or VX top mani piece if you want cause I defenitly won't be using them.

Home depot is your best friend on budget turbo setups, oil lines, fittings, charge pipes and some other things you can make out of there crap is there.

I really suggest to get a good turbo (ie.. t3 or something of the sort) because you can always take it off and put it on the K or B or whatever you do. 13gs, 14b's uhn uhn.

homemadeturbo.com can help you out a bit too.

thanks for the input.....i am currently looking for good prices on everything and the kit will be sold cheap after i'm done...and a full race kit is going on the k a long time from now.....

Back