Got a GMail account, baby!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what about the gmail is creepy stuff, should we really be worried about that?

sweet i just got mine for 2 bucks

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 23 2004, 08:24 PM
what about the gmail is creepy stuff, should we really be worried about that?

sweet i just got mine for 2 bucks

Nothing about any free email I am aware of (not that that really means anything) is secure or private anyway. A human never reads your email, is is scanned by computer for key words that build a data base to use for advertising to you specifically. The creepy thing would be that if you say Iraq, annd bomb and plane in the same sentence/email whatever, maybe it could be in the wrong hands (government) and what not, you know, the same conspiracy, 1984 shit that everything is affected by now a days.

so is the only way to get one of these accounts to bid through ebay?

Originally posted by B16@Jun 23 2004, 02:55 PM
so is the only way to get one of these accounts to bid through ebay?

No, every once in a while a GMail account holder will get a certain number of 'invitations' they can use to invite their friends to use the service. People just sell their invites on ebay instead of giving them away. :)

I think you get five after the first week, at least that what people on H-T are saying. I'll post here when I get some :)

i got mine but i cant friggin log in

edit: hell yeah finally im in, gmail is pretty sweet. i guess i have to wait for my invites

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jun 23 2004, 08:36 PM
<------ is broke... 240 threw a rod, help a brother out

didnt you just buy that thing less than 2 months ago? i fucking hate nissans.

Have no Checking acct. therefore have no E-Bay or Paypal acct.

So if anyone gets to the point where they just happen to have an invite lying around ;) ;) let me know.... :ph34r:

Back