got another promotion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
yeah, so my boss got fired.

i moved up, with a decent bump in pay, same responsibilities. very nice if i do say so myself :)

discuss.

all i have is, "Congrats".

My promotion came with a bump in pay, bump in responsibility and a case of insomnia.

Cookie? Does this mean you are going to buy another mirage? Or are you going to move to a colt now? :p

congrats...in december i will have my bachelors in I.T. i just started at a little business doing network administration...w00t w00t! im still learning a lot...but once i get it all down pat...ill be lookin for bigger jobs... :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
im sorry.

its ok noah. both of my mirages are too formidable for you :)

for·mi·da·ble Audio pronunciation of "formidable" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm-d-bl, fôr-md-)
adj.

1. Arousing fear, dread, or alarm: the formidable prospect of major surgery.
2. Inspiring awe, admiration, or wonder: “Though a true hero, he was also a thoroughgoing bureaucrat and politician, a formidable combination” (Mario Puzo).
3. Difficult to undertake, surmount, or defeat: a formidable challenge; a formidable opponent.

#1. Fear? ROFL! Thats a good one..
#2. Awe? Yeah.. I guess I am in awe as to why you do the things you do... :wink:
#3. Nah.. Difficult to understand maybe... Not not undertake or defeat.. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
congrats...in december i will have my bachelors in I.T. i just started at a little business doing network administration...w00t w00t! im still learning a lot...but once i get it all down pat...ill be lookin for bigger jobs... :)

you wasted your time in college. you should have gone to a voke school.

45K, no college. 3 months when i take over as IT director for whitinsville i'll be at 60K. no college.

its all technical skill, and knowledge learned on the job, not what you learn out of a book.

no college education will eventually lose, that is if you decide to keep working for someone.

My father with only a semester at college makes 100k, but you dont know how many times he's not gotten a job because of some kid with a college degree and 1 year experience... many times.

Sure he makes roughly 110k a year, but he could be making so much more. Dont let these non-college people fool all of you.

Quoted post[/post]]
no college education will eventually lose, that is if you decide to keep working for someone.

My father with only a semester at college makes 100k, but you dont know how many times he's not gotten a job because of some kid with a college degree and 1 year experience... many times.

Sure he makes roughly 110k a year, but he could be making so much more. Dont let these non-college people fool all of you.

experience is what you make of it. i work for what i got. thats why dave got fired, he wanted a free ride. fuck him. ive jumped up 15K worth of pay in 6 months. :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]

yes, there are a few cases out there where you get good results. my dad doesn't even have a tech degree but makes 85k. but it's because he works his ass off. I know that with my degree and work ethic, i plan on making upwards of 500k in the next 10 years, but i want to get high into management. i wouldn't be able to do that without a degree. they won't even interview me without an mba. so what i'm trying to say is, that unless you are in sales, you are going to get capped in pay eventually without a degree.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

you wasted your time in college. you should have gone to a voke school.

45K, no college. 3 months when i take over as IT director for whitinsville i'll be at 60K. no college.

its all technical skill, and knowledge learned on the job, not what you learn out of a book.
i totally agree with you that you can still make it without college...my supervisor is an example of that...sure i think he got his associates...but he got where he is right now mostly because of experience...buuut...how old are you? im only 22...and if i wanted to...i could take a Linux Administration job in Atlanta, GA starting out at...at least 50k...BECAUSE ILL HAVE MY BACHELORS...like i said...you are right...you dont NEED college to know your shit...and half the people out there with IT degrees dont know how to use them...lol...but the thing is...most corporations and businesses want people with college experience...it makes things a lot easier when you have a degree...i also enjoy web design...so ill prollie do that on the side...but yea...ill be just fine...lol...good luck and congrats again with the promotion though :wink:

edit: i wont have my bachelors until december this year...so im doing this little job right now while im still in school...hell...i might even go on to get my masters...there are a lot of jobs out there that would start someone with a masters out making a hell of a lot of money

Congrats to TurboMirage.
The new-old guy up there (who post whored the hell out of the computer section) needs to learn how to use a period.

Quoted post[/post]]
Congrats to TurboMirage.
The new-old guy up there (who post whored the hell out of the computer section) needs to learn how to use a period.
you dont like my "...."....haha...its just somethin i do...when im chattin or posting in forums...i just do the dot dot dot...habit i guess....but when it comes down to when i really need to be grammatically correct...i use the correct punctuation...:wink:

nice job, chris. congrats.

but on the college thing... depending on where you're coming from...

if you're going to one of those vocational places that's like an accelerated program, you're fucked. you just spent 30k on two pieces of paper you'll never use.

the ex went to school for 2 years to get those, and now he's a car salesman. thing is, he makes moe doing that now than he would have as a net admin.

*shrug* maybe you'll be one of the stories they feature on tv about you getting the good job though. :) good luck

Back