Got Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

What is the lifespan of a B18 running 20-30 psi. Wanting to get about 5-600 hp out of my 92 CX. :eek:

with what moifications? what internals? you gotta be more specific fool. you could run 35psi if you got the right shit or youl could blow it at 10 if you have nothing.

what turbo? whats done to your motor?.............................

it's simply impossible right now to run more than 28 psi. thats all the GM 3-bar map sensor will read up to. the oem honda one is good for 11. there is a 3.5 bar sensor out there, but it doesn't work with any sand alones due to its different voltage read outs.

in other words, you have no idea what you're doing.

you can hit 600 whp at 20 psi on a propely sized turbo

You caught me. I HAVE NO CLUE! Ijust installed a 95 LS . I am going to pull it back out because it wasnt as impressive as I was told. We are putting a Gude head package on it in the fall and a turbo. I want as much as possible without tearing it up.I will also build the bottom end to handle the boost. My wife still drives the kids 1hr each way to school everyday so It also has to be dependable. By the way this is my first Honda, alot different than the old hotrods. thanks :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

don't get a gude package. its a piece of shit.

ok, so you have an LS motor, and you want to go fast, huh?

well- how much money do you have? you wont hit 5-600 horse with out at least 5-6 grand.

and you DON'T want your wife driving the kids in a 600 whp honda.

350 whp approaches the limits of unstreetable in a FWD car. you will burn 3rd at will, you will be able to bake 4th on a downshift from 5th for passing a car at 75mph. and thats a car with half the power of what you are looking at. Do you really want your wife and kids in that?

I think you need to re-think your situation.

Iguess your right about the family. She can just drive the suburban. Money doesnt matter , We have a family business and im partners in a body shop. But Hondas Baffle me with all the different parts Some crap and some GREAT. So trying to read everything I can and listen to others but still lost. It would be easier if I could slap a 350 in it and call it the day. But you have to learn someway, and I dont like wasting money so all your help is usefull. Wife in Burban and strip the hatch.

Originally posted by RV1TOOMANY@Jun 6 2003, 01:13 AM
HEY SLOPOKE DON'T UNDER ESTIMATE THE LS ENGINE. IT IS CAPABLE OF DOING SOME MAJOR WOOP ASS :worthy:

capslock.gif

If money is not a problem, get a B18 and put a turbo on it. You should also build the engine (pistons, rods, etc.)

If you do this, you will be able to turn up the boost and get more power. And don't let your wife and kids drive it.

my cusins civic with a gsr engine is capibal of 900hp but he has it at onley 650 right now.

honestly, who cares about your mothers father's brother.

on top of that, what does it have to do with this thread? nothing.

Originally posted by tuoniz@Jun 14 2003, 08:01 PM
PUnked newbie to the scene.

Some children have nothing better to do. By the way the progress on the hatch is going great . Its been stripped of motor , wiring and interior. Body work is done and allmost ready for paint. Just cant decide on final color and graphics. Or if we should powdercoat the block and head to match.

Yes graphics. She wanted Tangelo orange with pink essence flames. :lol: :wtf: I talked her into spraying it back white . Then she wanted blue tribal flames. :huh: now she wants ghost flames. ONE COLOR PLEASE. She wont be there when I paint anyway

Back