Got in a wreck 2 years ago

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That same accident pretty much happened to me to! Instead I was in my 95 civic and the guy was in a 95 accord.

My dumb ass took a left in the far right lane so I do not lose my budies in the other car. I successfully crossed the one car then all of a sudden wham!! I was hit in the driver's side quarter panel and rear.

I told the cop the truth and said it was my fault! He didn't give me a ticket :D

The funny thing is he gave the other guy a ticket eventhough it was't his fault b/c he had no license!! :lol:

Don't worry man that is what ins. is for!! I have been sued before to b/c of another accident and they did not even call me to court. I was just asked a bunch of questions over the phone and that was it!!

The case will be thrown out anyway b/c your ins. company would of setteled it out of court if they believed they would of lost!

It sounds like this guy is trying to make a quick buck!

I wouldn't call TWO YEARS of begging, arguing, yelling, threatening, weeping, and pleading "a quick buck"

Remember, the guy was injured. Serious or not, he suffered an inconvenience because of this loss that was MOSTLY not his fault. Is his claim worth a lot? probably not but I don't know the injury. Is he due a settlement? absolutely.

Winning the case has nothing to do with it. State Farm made a reasonable offer ( I say this w/ confidence b/c they usually do) and the guy won't accept it. At this point we don't know his demand or the offer. Some people file suit immediately. Its a game. It wastes your money (premium dollars) and taxes (overbooked court dockets) but that is how it works.

Filing suit immediately regardless of the merits of the claim is going for the "quick buck" gettng a BI atty before ever talking to the adverse carrier is going for the "quick buck" Only treating with a chiropractor is going for the "quick buck"

Let's not bash the guy too bad...remember...above all else, he is the victem

I still need to call my lawyer to figure out what is going on

Don't bother...he's more clueless than you.

Go to the source & call the claim adjuster with state farm that is assigned to your claim. They have assigned the filing of the answer to an atty but he is bound/controlled by the insurance adjuster. He can't make an offer to settle for an amount of money the ajuster hasn't approved. More over, at this point he knows very little about the life of the claim. I'll bet you another $10 the State Farm adjuster will know the claim at the mere mention of the claimant's name. (what's that....$30 you're going to owe me?!! :lol: :lol: )

If you have your own atty then he really is clueless as to what the insurance company is doing or has done & will have to call to find out. Seriously, pick up the phone & call them. They have an 800# that will route you to your adjuster. You just need to now the claim number and your personal info.

Back