Got my car dyno today = :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by breed@Jul 22 2004, 07:28 PM
my car put down around 230 and ran low 13's. but hey you never know you just might get there.
[post=367111]Quoted post[/post]​

My buddy has about 203hp to the wheel and he is running 12.5.

Originally posted by breed@Jul 22 2004, 10:28 PM
my car put down around 230 and ran low 13's. but hey you never know you just might get there.
[post=367111]Quoted post[/post]​

My car put down 238 and runs 11.7...at 2100lbs

Also, if you can't move your distributor at all, and its maxed at 14.5, your off a tooth 100% no doubts about it and thats the reason.

You should be able to achieve close to 16 degrees with the distributor just slightly advanced past the middle mark. If you can't get a range of like from 6-22 degrees at least, you have problems, big time.

Looks like your intake cam is off a tooth retarded, and I bet if you advanced it where it should be, its going to jump up 10+ WHP on the first pass. Maybe 20.

The key to diagnosing problems is to go off a STOCK VTEC MOTOR> When you fully build a motor, its not going to be different just because its fully built. The distributor works the same, the timing is achieved the same, etc...So thats it.

I mean, just look at your torque. You can tell right there the intake cam is probably suffocating the motor.

Jeff

Hey, ya going to the track this weekend? If you do I'll see ya over there.

Well bout your motor, it should be doing a lot better than its supposed to be doing. My LS/V is doing the same time as you are doing...... but this is in a 4 dr tho. Also with a similar setup spec (w/out hondata, header, and cams).

Def zero that timing tho. Good luck this weekend!

them g tech things are trash...it read 11.36 5 times while trying my car with it. my car is no where near that fast, it only ran a 14.594@92mph, at atco(pretty much sea level) and a sucky ass r/t and 60ft time cause it was my first time at the track. I have gotten better driving my crx more and more, which runs mid 12's(ls/vtec turbo)...
those numbers are low for what you have done to it. at the crank you have 170 stock, then all ur mods, say another 60-70hp which is like 250hp which is about 210-220(depending on trans)@ wheels. I know a CTR in a 96 hatch with sk2 st.2 cams and an intake/exhaust ran a 14.2(also 114octane gas)(I ran against one at the track). 14.7 is terrible for what u have. a b16 in a crx with I/E runs 14.8 with a sucky driver.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Jul 28 2004, 11:27 PM
at the crank you have 170 stock, then all ur mods, say another 60-70hp which is like 250hp which is about 210-220(depending on trans)@ wheels..
[post=369567]Quoted post[/post]​

just because you have mod a b c d e f and g, does not equal an a+b+c=ect gain.\ When you just throw parts togther without considering if they all will work properly with each other, then you can not expect huge gains. You can't just guess at what power he SHOULD have.

Back