Gotta love the us court system

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neonmike

VIP
So today i had a court date for some bull about a tinted license plate cover and no seatbelt that i was contesting. I was on the 1:30 docket so i arrive about a half hour early to try to be the first few in, hahahaha that was a joke the must have been about 40 people in front of me. So as i am sittin there waiting for them to cal my name i am lookin at the people in the courtroom and came to the conclusion that that place is a leper colony. Well they finally call me to get a chance to talk to the prosecuter after the guy that is talkin to hetr now. As i am waiting in line i am listening to the person talking to the prosecuter, mind you it is a female prosecuter, and he doesnt speak a word of english to her. She asked him for his license and he hands her some international license that expired two years ago. Now this is where it gets good. She asks him how long he has been in the country for and he says 4 years, she then says and i quote your an idiot if you think you can get away with bein here for four years and not having a valid us license. She then asks him if he was a legal us citizen and he says no, Are you freakin kidding how are you gonna admit that in a court to a prosecuter. she laughs and then says well where are you from and how did you get here, his reply i am from columbia and i got here through the border in mexico, at this time i am snickering in my seat about this. The prosecuter then asks him if he has a job or any family here, he responds with my family is back in columbia and i am tryin to pay for them to come here with me, i have a job with somebody that PAYS ME UNDER THE TABLE!!!!! At this point i bust out laughing in the courtroom and so does the rest of the courtroom cause they overheard most of this too. SO now this guy has admitted to being paid under the table, is not a legal citizen, and he got pulled over for speeding, at this point the prosecuter calls in the balif and they take him out in cuffs and are haulin him off to the immigration office. When he leaves the court room the prosecuter actually stands up and says i cant believe that idiot actually showed up to a court room being an illegal. so now she is pissed and i'm next, i'm thinkin this is great no way i am gettin off now. i get up to see her and she looks at me and says are you a legal citizen and i say yes, she says ok have a nice day your free to go. So i have learned that all you need to do is find an illegal alien to go before you in court and your bound to get off your offense.

i had a similar thing happen to me. i was in court fighting a bs right turn on red ticket, and the guy in front of me was high as a kite on god knows what. he was stumbling up to the prosecutor after his name was called like 5 times, slumped down in the chair, and didnt respond to her when she tried to talk to her. after like 2 mins of him just staring at her, she had the bailiff remove him. i was scared as hell, b/c she was really pissed. i sit down and she asked me what i thought that guy was high on. i responded i didnt know. she then asked if i was high, and i said no. so she told me to have a nice day, she wouldnt prosecute. i dont even think she opened my file.

They throw the book at me. Consistently. I show up in a suit and tie, briefcase and ready to deal with people well. And I rarely get a chance to even say a word before some userous and ridiculous sentence is handed down.

I had a similar story as well. I went to court for a speeding ticket. The judge calls up 6 people at a time and she goes down the row doing the usual bail amount and fine amount crap. I'm last of the 6 people and she asked the guy in front of me "guilty or not guilty." He says not guilty. The judge says "you were pulled over for doing 60mph in a 50mph zone, how fast were you actually going?" The dumb ass says "55mph, no more, no less" So the judge says "is 55 more than 50?" The guy says yes and she says "then how are you not guilty?" His best response was "well, umm, i'm not guilty" :laugh: half the court room just starts busting up. So she sets his court date and ask me "guilty or not guilty" I said guilty and she replies " aw, honesty. What a concept. Bye, go home" I nearly nutted on myself I was so happy :mrgreen:

It's been dependent upon the ticket. A violation will be a mail-in, but if you miss something or get something real bad (Like cartted away for not having insurance) then you have a court date.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's been dependent upon the ticket. A violation will be a mail-in, but if you miss something or get something real bad (Like cartted away for not having insurance) then you have a court date.
:werd:
I missed the date I was supposed have paid the amount by so they decided to give me a bench warrant and I had to appear in court.

Don't even get me started on the court systems. F them all in the A with a big, rubber D. I show up dressed in slacks, shirt buttoned up and tucked in, and all they do is bend me over and give it to me like Tiny in cell #154 during shower time.

Back