grinding noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bertcall

Hello everyone, well, to start off i blew up a b16a engine on a del sol.... :( now i pout in a b16a JDM. The car runs great and all, but theres this grinding noise, my girl says that my car sound like im dragging cans. lol! I dont know a lot about cars, But i really hope its not the tranny!!!! It usually happens when my RPm is around 1500-2000/// What can it be?:mellow:

Loose something...somewhere.
all the time? some of the time? cold/warm only? every gear?
in neutral if you rev to 2k, does it do it?
Did you replace your throwout bearing/clutch?

does it all the time, no matter if its cold/warm, not everygear, only 1st and second, ( that i know of) yes it does it while in neutral. I remeber the mechanic said something broke ( he showed it to me it was round) it did some sort of work between the clutch and the tranny. THX!

sounds like you might have cracked a piston ring thats happend to me plenty of times and thats exactly what it sounds like. the reason its only in first is becuase high rpms for now itll get worse. check and see if your burning alot of oil. and rev the engine and see if theres any smoke comming out of your valve cover

1500-2000 doesn't sound like high rpms to me... if the problem were broken ring lands, it would happen in every gear.

Found the problem!!! It was my hearders, the were loose!!!! I feel like an idiot, i was about to change my tranny!!! lol!

Back