Grounding Locations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGDriver93

First, I don't want to hear the endless debate on whether improving grounding helps or doesn't, a voltage stabilizer sucks or any crap, I happen to believe in them, just have to do it correctly. My car is an EG, which has old crappy grounding wires. Bought a voltage stabilizer kit, seemed to help a bit.

I put mine just in the stock locations, but nowhere else.

New locations for grounding wires?
alternator, block, starter, NEW ground from (-) Terminal.

Have you guys found a spot that seems to work for you? Thought it might be interesting to see what people have done.

from the negative battery cable to the frame rail then from there to the tranny housing..from the rad. support to the valve cover or from the drivers frame rail to the back of the head or valve cover(to keep it clean and simple) and the thermostat housing..
those are the 3 common places..

no problem..what stabilizer did you get??and how do you like it?

I actually went with the Buddy Club Racing Spec Stabilizer. I changed out the old locations to the one's you suggested and the old grounding wires under the the whole engine bay. Def. makes a difference. My lights don't flicker, which is one nice thing, and also when you open the sunroof (Si), the power doesn't fluctuate so much. Starting the car it idles nicer too. Haven't had a chance to really get on it yet, but I hooked up an extra ground to the throttle body, and it seems touchier now. All good things.

Thanks again!

Back