1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR and EJ1 wiring

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by OmniCoupe, Oct 28, 2009.

1. OmniCoupe

OmniCoupe New Member

Hey guys. I asked a few things in someone else's thread and someone suggested I start my own. So quoting so far for now.

I'm not quote following you there 94EG8.
    First of all, am using the original civic harness, I'm just using the end of the new harness to splice in there so that the obd2 p72 can be used for now. The extra gsr wires I will run. Won't that work? And I can splice that harness in about 40 minutes.

secondly, I should have said this. I live in Trinidad. Here we get jdm and jdm only when it comes to Honda. So a usdm Interga engine harness is out of the question.

And why not reuse the jdm engine harness?

2. OmniCoupe

OmniCoupe New Member

For reference, I'm almost finished with the wiring.
    I used the engine harness that came with the engine and passed it through next to the old harness. I didn't want to go through the work of separating the engine wires with the rest of the car's electrical system.
    Remember the car's RHD
    So after passing the harness through I simply spliced the new wires into the old corresponding wires from the P08 harness. Was ony a couple wires. Just had to print out both pinouts and let common sense prevail. On the driver's side (right), I just plugged the harness into the old one at the shock tower. Everything matched up, except the rad fan control relay. I'm suspecting that its not the harness there, but my mistake at the ecu. Checking that out today.
    Also, I have a cel code saying IACV. Didn't see any wire breaks, so i'll bypass the wires and see if that fixes it.
    Car's been running for a week and even though I'm scared, I'm proud.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted