1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsr front brakes on 90-93 Integra??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 808rex, Jul 2, 2009.

1. 808rex

808rex New Member

Will the 94 integra front brakes bolt up to the 90-93 integra without any problems?? Thanks

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

all integras (except Type R) from 90-01 use the same rotors and pads so i would think everyhing would bolt up. never tried it personally so i cant say 100% but im pretty sure.

3. 808rex

808rex New Member

Thanks, but do you know if the knuckles are the same??

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

5. 808rex

808rex New Member

But would it bolt up to my 92 integra without the suspension geometry being way off???

6. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

I think you need to measure the "hat" of the rotor.. Lay both rotors flat, touching and look level with them. Is one higher?? if so, you may have to shim either the rotor or the caliper.
    I stripped the front brakes (rotors, calipers) from a gsr and have had them sitting til I got this 90 civ 4dr.
    If the distance is the same from your 90-94 DA, then you should just be able to bolt on and go. I do remember that the GSR rotors were sligthly larger than say a 89-91 Prelude si.. The spacing was too great so I never swapped them.
    Later this week I'll try and bolt up the gsr stuff to my 90civ and see if the bolt holes for the calipers will lign up or not.

Your geometry should be OK if you just stay with swapping the brake parts.
    E

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Geometry will be way off if you swap knuckles; without lowering(pretty much slam) you'll get way more positive camber with the 94-01 knuckles. The DC knuckles are physically taller. In addition to that; you have a higher risk of slamming the UCA into the shock towers.

8. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

I just had to change the front knuckles in my 91 hatch. The car came with 94-01 knuckles on it and i had a big problem with positive camber. I got new calipers rotors for my new da knuckles. I will try and get some pics up in the next couple of days with the rotors side by side if that will be of any help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted