GSR P72,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok, what rev limit would you use on a GSR with Stock Valve Train,
and I don't want to swich to OBD1 because too much headeach, I have a OBD2, ,

The valve springs on a stock GS-R can only handle 8200-8300 RPM. After that you WILL float valves. The stock rev limiter is at 8200. Don't change it at all.

On the subject of Gsr Ecu's ...what does the JDM gsr ecus top out at? around 112 mph right? is there anyway of changing this and if so is it worth it or should i just find a Usdm ecu...

Originally posted by 92hatchVx@Feb 12 2004, 09:32 PM
On the subject of Gsr Ecu's ...what does the JDM gsr ecus top out at? around 112 mph right? is there anyway of changing this and if so is it worth it or should i just find a Usdm ecu...

If you're planning on staying stock, then don't bother with the JDM ecu, get a USA model.

If you don't care, then the JDM will work fine, but less options for programming it over the US model.

If you need a GSR ecu, I have 2 for sale, both OBD1

LMK.

USMD P72 ecu:

redline at 8200, i shift right around 8

and as far as a speed limiter....
s402c59bd3f7bd.jpg

B16A w/ ITR trans on an obd2 P72. i have yet to find a straightaway around here that'll let me get much faster than that.

nothin at all wrong with the usdm obd2 p72, IMO. works great for me.

Will the Ecu's just plug right in? i thought the Jdm gsr had a 10:6:1 comp ratio and the USDM had 10:2:1 comp ratio? so will the USDM ecu work the the Jdm Gsr? and also how much are u asking for the USDM ecu?

Back