GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Incredib1e

I was searching through and found a 00 GSR motor for sale, just wanna run it by everyone here see what they think.

LEGIT 00 GSR!!!
-New JDM TYPE R pistons
and rings
-new gaskets and seals
-new rods and bearings
-block was honed
-shotpeened rods
-tranny has 40k miles no grinds
-ported head with crower titanium retainers and valve springs.
-pr3 camshafts and cams
... Motor is immaculate and has 2000 miles since rebuild has aggresive pull and vtec kicks hard...13 sec motor...complete swap(axles,ecu,harness,mounts)

that can't be legit? they go for way more than that on hmotorsonline.com and they aren't even built- they're stock- it's a real good deal if the motor is in as good of shape as you say, just be CAREFUL and make sure it's legit

He swears its legit and says that he has the papers to prove it, so I'm good with that. I was just wondering about the PR3 cams? Why would he put those cams into a 00 GSR?

higher compression = more power :)

oh so it is all right I was thinkin those cams are from 88-91 B16 right. I wasn't sure why you would do that.

Ok well I'm a go take a look at in on Friday, what should I look for when looking at a built motor?

FUCK

oops .... i mis-read that ... i was thinking PR3 pistons not cams

PR3 is pretty much any B16A

one sec ill check the specs on them

hmmmmmmm

kinda odd

the B16 cams are less agressive... im not too sure why the fuck he would run them
he shouldnt have clearance issues with the GSR cams... hes only at 11.3:1 CR

:hmm:

Civic Si(1999 Spec)
Int-265 dur. / 10.5mm lift
Exh-267 dur. / 9.6mm lift

Integra GS-R
Int-274 dur. / 10.7mm lift
Exh-276 dur. / 9.6mm lift

yea it is kinda odd. Maybe it was a misprint. I dunno I'll check it out when I go up there. Ask him about it. I mean if its a good motor then shit its a good deal. Was setting my limit at 2000 but if this is for real I'm a just have to push over a little.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 24 2004, 10:53 PM
yeah it's worth it if it's legit and looks in good shape- def. a nice little setup for ya

What does he mean by "PR3 Camshafts and cams" sounds a little shady to me... Why would he go through all the work to build the head with crower stuff, and porting, and put old B16 cams in? You just hav eot think about the situation here, he's spend a good chunk of change on the head alone, probalby around 1000$, and is selling the whole swap for 2000$? Not to mention the shot peened rods, honing and new pistons. Seems like the price for a 'dark' motor. Does it come with the tranny?

yeah dude it says the tranny has 40k and no grinds- I dunno i sorta agree with you, but you never know, it could be like E said, perhaps the guy was afraid of valve clearence issues and solved it by using a cam without any extreme lift- i dunno- i do agree with you though dude, it def. seems a little sketchy to me

the longer that I have been in this industry, the more I hate seeing poeple selling those types of engines for that price. Makes me very weary....i don't like it.

Well he's garunteed me that its legit and that he has the paper work, so once I see it I'm not to worried about it being legit. If he doesn't have the paper work then I'm not gonna buy it.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Feb 25 2004, 06:01 AM
Well he's garunteed me that its legit and that he has the paper work, so once I see it I'm not to worried about it being legit. If he doesn't have the paper work then I'm not gonna buy it.

Does he have it in a car? If he does, drive it and see how it feels. If it is just like a stock GSR, you're best to let it be, If it is quick as all getup, then you may be interested. Have him pop off the valve cover and take a look at the head, it should at least be semi clean because of the work, and the springs and retainers should have different marks than stock on them. Just a suggestion.

Ian

yea I got a friend that is really into motors and he's gonna come along with me. He's done three or four of his own swaps so he knows what he's lookin for. Thanks for all the help. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna buy it now. Once I see it that is. Thanks a lot.

Logan

Back