Gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I get whatever I want!! It's my brothers car he had for a week and some asshole pulled out in front of him and they totaled the car even though it wasn't that bad so my brother bought it back for 900 and I bought the ecu,engine,tranny,linkage,mounts for a 1000 and any thing else related

My only worry is that its OBD2. I have read plenty of threads that state the harness plugs right up.....and that there is one plug that doesn't get used.....? My swaps have always been the same OBD so this is foreign to me. If the threads are right....its easier and cheaper

I forgot something else!!! You also need to wire up (with those Donor Pins I wrote about earlier) the IAB's (intake butterflies) to the correct location on the ECU plug from your Civic. So you will need to wire the Knock Sensor and IAB's through the firewall and to the plug.

But the rest should bolt right up. As long as you got the EX throttle cable.....you are fine. Use all the mounts (even though you can use some of the Civic mounts) for simplicity. Use the shift linkage, axles and such. I used bigger coolant hoses that fit the B series motor.

I do believe the plugs will match, i will double check tomorrow.. Or if you want all you have to do is park the two cars together and look at them and match them up...

Dang computer is lagging the last post wasn't there when I typed this one...

Last edited:
100_0913.JPG 180799_1564080553217_1571484496_31216907_4254137_n.jpg

ls is in there now and that's the gsr

From the looks of your pictures I see two seperate distributor plugs meaning OBD1. If its one plug then its OBDII.

So how come you can't take the ECU out of the GSR aswell (if I missed it sorry...now 6 pages of stuff I don't wanna read lol)

Yeah just put you obd1 injectors in or swap the plugs, and the same for the dizzy except you can only swap the plugs on the dizzy..

Back