Gtechpro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you can tune your car. Also i don't get what you said by tuning off peak horsepower but any way. You can tune your car with the gtech. Here is an example. Say you just put new vtec cams in your car. You have a vtec controller and want to know what rpm to kick vtec that gives you the most hp. You can change the vtec then run your car with the gtech get hp numbers and then do it agian untill you find the best engagement point. That my friend is tuning. Want another example let me know.
:eek:

Pretty saucy for a SOPHMORE!!!

I'm sorry, but that is only tuning in the most basic sense. If I wanted to get the best peak hp I could lean out my fuel curve a lot and I've have a lot more power. But my air/fuel ratio would be off the charts lean. That, my friend, is not tuning. Without a wideband O2 sensor, you've got nothing.

i never said i would lean out my fuel to get peak horsepower that would be dumb. Wideband o2 sensors only tell you air and fuel ratio? You can get the same results with one dyno run and an exhaust temperature gauge? Also what do you mean by sauscy for a sophmore? Also even if it is basic tuning it is still tuning that you can't do with out a dyno or in our case a gtechpro. :owned:

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 22 2003, 08:15 PM
i never said i would lean out my fuel to get peak horsepower that would be dumb. Wideband o2 sensors only tell you air and fuel ratio? You can get the same results with one dyno run and an exhaust temperature gauge? Also what do you mean by sauscy for a sophmore? Also even if it is basic tuning it is still tuning that you can't do with out a dyno or in our case a gtechpro. :owned:

changing your vtec engagement point wont increase your horse power, it will only smooth out your powerband. there goes your whole arguement ace. if YOU want another example let me know.

keehnel1414, you sound like a G-Tech sales rep.
Just buy the thing, maybe it'll work for you maybe you'll get screwed. I personally would not buy it there are other things I can spend 300 dollars on that are unanimously excellent products.
My theory: If it doesn't add horsepower, it's a waste of money.
I would only buy a G-Tech if it was the last thing on my list for my 500 hp daily civic. And even then I would have to have so much money I could buy my own dyno.

ok this thread sucks..

1) wideband 02 sensors are the greatest invention EVER for tuning a car.
2) you can't tune a car with a gtech pro.
3) you're friends are retarded if they pay you $20 dollars to use a gtech, get new friends
4) changing your VTEC point will create more HP, want proof?? https://hondaswap.com/~pills <-- click on dynojet results and look at the change between 5100 and 4500, 5 more HP and about 3 throughout the entire power band.
5) "tuning" with a gtech, if you can even call it that is useless... your peak HP number may not be far off... but what about the fact that your engine is running 9% lean when VTEC kicks in and 7% lean all the way to redline... oh wait... you didn't know that because you are not using a wideband o2 sensor....

6) this thread sucks

7) gtech's suck
8) buy 2 hours of dyno time and be done with it.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 23 2003, 08:49 AM
4) changing your VTEC point will create more HP, want proof?? https://hondaswap.com/~pills <-- click on dynojet results and look at the change between 5100 and 4500, 5 more HP and about 3 throughout the entire power band.

you gained that with just the vtec engagement change alone or did you also mess with the maps?

nope. strictly VTEC engagement... i put it to 5100 to drive there on the highway.. and forgot to lower it again before the first few runs

ignition and fuel maps stayed the same the entire dynojet session

it's because of the cam profiles y0! the vtec switchover has to come at the point where changing valve timing is the most "efficient" thing to do.

changing your vtec engagement point wont increase your horse power, it will only smooth out your powerband. there goes your whole arguement ace. if YOU want another example let me know.

Hahahaha you got :owned: Again. :lol:

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 23 2003, 11:45 PM

Hahahaha you got :owned: Again. :lol:

Since you have been :owned: through out this entire thread,that is just bad sportsmanship.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 23 2003, 08:49 AM
2) you can't tune a car with a gtech pro.

3) you're friends are retarded if they pay you $20 dollars to use a gtech, get new friends

5) "tuning" with a gtech, if you can even call it that is useless... your peak HP number may not be far off... but what about the fact that your engine is running 9% lean when VTEC kicks in and 7% lean all the way to redline... oh wait... you didn't know that because you are not using a wideband o2 sensor....

7) gtech's suck

its all right there ass

QUOTE (keehnel1414 @ Apr 23 2003, 11:45 PM)

Hahahaha you got Again.

Since you have been through out this entire thread,that is just bad sportsmanship.

Maybe you should read it agian. The whole post. I have not be told once. I said that u can tune with a gtech and you can. I neversaid that gtec was good i just wanted to know if it was. :bash:

:gives:

care-o-meter.jpg

gayerror.gif

;) i have a gtech meter, it's off a little.
i never used the hp function can someone tell how it work's\

CALVIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back