Guerrilla warfare

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jun 22 2004, 12:34 PM
put up one of those fake plastic owls. Had the same problem with crows, then we put one up and no mor crows :)

The Panera Bread near my house has an awesome fake owl under their awnings... It fooled me for a good 3 or 4 seconds before I realized it was fake... It would definately fake out the pidgeons. :)

Oh man...I laughed so hard when I started reading this...

I went through a stage in my life (wehn i was about 12yrs old) where I wanted to be a hardcore sniper. I loved the movie sniper. :) so I made a sincer for my pellet gun...

get a small 1/2" dia pipe by like 4-6" then a 1" dia that is about 2" longer than the smaller piece.

Drill a ton of holes in the 1/2" peice try to get atleast 4 in a circle and every 1/2 " or so
Just rittle it with holes.

then place the smaller piece inside the larger peice center it using some screws through the larger peice to pin it together.

pack the space with cotton balls

then secure it to the end of the gun w/ screws ( you will scratch ur gun) then pack the rest of the area between the gun and the outer pcv pipe with cotton balls again

then use some tape to seal it off.

now for the other end. take a piece of duct tape, or whatever you would liike and place it over the entire end. before you do that, make sure that the inside pipe is decently lined up. So put the piece of duct tape over the gun, and go shoot it a few times (with pellets or bbs of course) and it will make a decent hole. Take the piece of tape off, layer it a few times with more duct tape and then use a hole-punch to make a clean hole. Place it back over the tip and you're ready to go.

optional: paint the pcv pipe black to match color so it doesn't look so obvious. while you're getting some pcv get another piece that is as long as your barrel so you can mount it to the end of your scope. This will allow you to wrap your gun with a blanket or something so that you can make the action fo the gun quiter.

the silencer made my gun quite a bit quiter but you could still hear it if you're listening. a

btw, you should setup something so that you can shoot from within the house so it isn't obvious

peace

i thought that i explained it good enough

I'll be taking some pics as soon as i can get a hold of some digtial camera or i'll buy a cheapy camera and have it put on cd

natan

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 22 2004, 11:14 AM
Sound waves. At pool supply stores they have bird-waners. These devices just produce a tone that birds can't stand, and no one else can hear. Rodents can hear it though, so if you have any rodents it will bother them too.

Her roof must look like a slimy, white birdshit laden warzone. Ick.

-> Steve

if this works steve, i will forever more sing your praises on my new forum and dedicate a thread all to you and name my first born after you as well :worthy:

im off to my yellow pages to find a "pool supply house"

hope this works....

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jun 22 2004, 11:48 AM
uncooked rice should to the trick as well... next door neighbor did it and havent seen them in quite a while

since i am italian, i got a shitload of uncooked rice....

but how does it work?

and to loco:

I tried the alkaseltzer a few years back when i was in elementary school. my school was 3 miles from the beach and we had sea gulls coming in. me and my terrorist band of bastardized catholic school children friends tryed every way imaginable to get those fuckers to eat it....and when one finally did........

NOTHING.

boy were we pissed. we took it out on some cats that afternoon.

ok I am partial to the "sound device" way of getting rid of them.

but I went to several online pool resource websites and cant find anything you mentioned in there.....

to make matters worse, i did a search on google and the only device i found was 500.00 !!!!

any suggestions on what to buy that i can plug into my wall and run a wire out my window and place the device pointing at the birds?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jun 22 2004, 06:28 PM
ok I am partial to the "sound device" way of getting rid of them.

but I went to several online pool resource websites and cant find anything you mentioned in there.....

to make matters worse, i did a search on google and the only device i found was 500.00 !!!!

any suggestions on what to buy that i can plug into my wall and run a wire out my window and place the device pointing at the birds?

500.00 vs an anueruysm (spelling?) isn't much of an argument :)

*cough, fake owl, cough* :)

Acutally with the luck you've been having with the pigeons Tony, the fake owl would probably attract a flock of other owls that want to mate with it. Then you'd have to listen to the constant sounds of owls trying to do the nasty with the fake one. :unsure:

alcaseltzer is good, you could get a cat or two and keep them in the yard, try firing on them from inside ur house, out the window :ph34r:

How about this.

An electric perch, with a slight seperation between two footholds. Run one side of your AC wire to either side of the perch. Let the birds eat, but when they step onto both at the same time, SWEET.

Just an evil thought ;) Electrocution of pidgeons sounds like a good beer drinking event. Make a pool with your buddies from 0-50, on how many birds get killed. Even just killing one would be SOOOOO satisfying.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jun 22 2004, 07:18 PM
*cough, fake owl, cough* :)

Acutally with the luck you've been having with the pigeons Tony, the fake owl would probably attract a flock of other owls that want to mate with it. Then you'd have to listen to the constant sounds of owls trying to do the nasty with the fake one. :unsure:

LOLOLOL

oh shit that fukcing cracked me up....

I dont know, but how does rice exaclty work to keep birds away?

and those owls......they dont work.

birds get scared for a few days/weeks then they finally realize that the owl is just fake.

Rice expands in their stomachs and blows them up after they eat it. Same concept as the alkaseltzer. But I have heard that this is an urban legend and that it never works, but supposedly that is why they no longer throw rice at weddings. My guess is that it might work on smaller, stupider birds, but these pigeons that you speak of seem to know you pretty well.

............ Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

I got it. Look around here. Bird B Gone dot com. If you want them gone that bad, it may cost a little. :(

BBG3.jpg

Now this is what I'm talking about! Gotta have it, even if you don't have a problem, just looks bad ass!

they dont throw rice at wedings because no one wants to clean up the mess...

i like the blow gun. i have one and you can shoot tacks out of it. or the darts will go right threw them. this post is so funny. but all good ideas. you could even shoot the old lady with a tack. lmao

Back