H22 Accord Not Runngin Quite Right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swlltom

I swapped an h22 in a 94 accord ex. We are running a jdm gsr ecu and 4-1 headers. I am gtting a knock sensor code, its hooked up(yes i know the sensor could be bad but any other possiblilites?? The car won't idle right , its either stalling or at 1200 rpms. It seems to be a vaccum issue, i've tried it a million idfferent ways?/ Whats the best way for them to be hooked up?? Is ther anything i can get rid of vaccum wise?? Thanksw in advance for all the help
tom

I don't think the gsr ecu would have the right fuel maps for a H22, unless it's modified. Plus, you have to run a new wire for the knock sensor. Accords didn't have that wire. Later

From what i'm told the gsr and h22 maps are almost the same, I did run awire to the ecu from the knock sensor so its hooked up. I am gonna try a chipped p28 on the car tommorrow, i still feel that it is a vaccum problem( ie i have it crossed up or wrong somewhere), keep the ideas comming , Dohc Accord any ideas?? :worthy:

I hit you up with a response to your email.

And to clarify, a P72 will work, but I think it kicks VTEC too low for the H22 cams (stock VTEC engagement for a P13 ECU is 5200, while a P72 is 4500). Just an idea.

I swapped the ecus out, the chipped p28 runs it much better. Its got a bad idle surge though. I got the 4-1 header from Nopi, a friends has an account there. If you want i can get you a part #, Have you ran you car in the quarter yet?? Thanks for the help

Idle surge is probably due to a misadjusted TPS. No big deal.

Yeah send me over the part number and an approximate price.

I've run in the quarter mile, but my times up here at 6000 feet above sea level don't compare to you guys are more normal elevations.

Back