H22, B18, LS, 454 I'm so confused???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 22 2003, 04:00 PM
this thread has gotten so rediculously off topic...

all motor 12's in a sedan will take a fully built engine and lots of revs. it would be easier and more efficient to just have a semi-built gsr with a decent turbo kit and run 12's. but if you are that stuck on your all motor thing... sleeved gsr, rods, pistons, head work, valvesprings, retainers, cams, gnarly header, full exhaust, upgraded cat, intake, intake manifold and lots of tuning. even then you still might not make it. most all motor 12's aren't runnin' in sedans and they usally have quite a bit of weight reduction. i'm not saying that it's not possible, it just won't be easy and it definiately won't be cheap.

my friends gsr hatch went 12.3. gsr motor with skunk 1 cams upgraded valve train and type r pistons.

so i can see a sedan in the 12's without having to do a shit load of work

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 22 2003, 04:00 PM
all motor 12's in a sedan will take a fully built engine and lots of revs. it would be easier and more efficient to just have a semi-built gsr with a decent turbo kit and run 12's. but if you are that stuck on your all motor thing... sleeved gsr, rods, pistons, head work, valvesprings, retainers, cams, gnarly header, full exhaust, upgraded cat, intake, intake manifold and lots of tuning. even then you still might not make it. most all motor 12's aren't runnin' in sedans and they usally have quite a bit of weight reduction. i'm not saying that it's not possible, it just won't be easy and it definiately won't be cheap.

A 92-95 Sedan weighs just as little as a Dx Coupe, and only about 100-175 lbs more than a hatch, so a little weight reduction and it is very possible to run 12's all motor without a turbo.

I thought I would jump back in after the smoke cleared. What a freeking flame job. I really appreciate all the input it is very helpfull. I have noticed that every one on the H22 side of the fence claim that they have about a 1 sec. advantage over a B18c in the 1/4 everything else being equal. Is this true?

By the way i'm not stuck on all motor. I just remembered how disconnected I felt driving my 280 ZX turbo. New turbos might be better? This is my only frame of reference.

the reason you haven't got a reply is cuase it is true, h22 civics are faster out of the box than a gsr swapped civic. and its probably closer to 1-1.5 seconds in the quarter mile.

h22's produce fantastic torque numbers, and they can be very quick but are significanlty more expensive to build.

i prefer the b18c over the h22 in every configuration(n/a, turbo, supercharged, NO2) because its a more natural swap, its cheaper initially and can still put down big numbers, even if its not as fast out of the box.

ultimately its up to you, what kind of goals do you have in mind? how much "lag" would be okay for you. are you okay with getting 20 mpg in town?

Yeah... these guys kind of clam up when you start taling H series. I am pretty well set on the b for all the reasons you just mentioned. Thanks everybody for the input though....

Originally posted by j3521@Aug 22 2003, 01:13 PM
if u consider this getting owned, u must be full of yourself, we are just getting started, u and ur butt buddy that keep posting are the only ones that dont realize 180 is an easy target on an open road with a chipped computer w/ no governor or rev limiter and a motor with a lot of power, I dont know how else to say it, Im not a kindergarten teacher, i dont know how to relate to your adolescent mind

the ones talking shit have never rode in an h22 civic obviously. he said mid 13s. thats believable, whats everyones problem? my friend ran a 15.0 with h22 in a 91 accord (around 600 to 700 pounds heavier with all his interior shit and rims) and he only had 170 h.p. to the flywheel, not wheels, flywheel! 180 is possible, risky, but possible. he may not have evidence, but it is at least realistically possible! some of yall should quit talking shit until you ride in a civic with an h22!

theb17guy------>go back in the hole you just came from.:ph34r:

he was saying 180mph, not 180 hp to the flywheel.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 29 2003, 05:58 PM
:sleep:

:withstupid:

and just to throw my oppinion in the mix
fuck an H22 (in a civic)

fast yes...... in a straight line

some of us dont give a fuck about 1/4 mile
some of us love corners more than life itself

H22 is like having a fat chic sitting on the hood of your car. it handles like shit.!!

Originally posted by horsedangler@Aug 29 2003, 08:54 PM
H22 is like having a fat chic sitting on the hood of your car. it handles like shit.!!

Do you have an H22 swapped civic?
I've ridden in one. I wouldn't say it was an auto-x champ, but it turned and steered and changed lanes just fine.

I'd like to explore your theory, but i don't thing a civic hood will support a fat chick.

Back