h22 build-up for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_h22_815

Hey, I have a 94 civic hb with an h22a1 swap in it and I am looking to put a turbo in it down the road. But I know I need to build-up my engine first so that I do not blow it up when adding a turbo. I am still in the learning process and do not know a lot about building up engines. So any advice on everything i need as in parts or need done to the engine and which brands are better will be greatly appreciated!
-Ryan

It all really depends on how much power you are lookin to get out of this. If you just wanna make ur car a lil faster just a simple turbo kit with stock internals and hondata will be sufficient.

Bottom end build-up with low compression pistons, darton sleeves would be a good start but, trappd-in-859 is right: it depends on how much power you plan to run. Do your research first. Don't just go and find the best deal out there cause it might not be the best turbo for your set-up. It's usually safe to go with what has been a proven porformance builder for honda like the T3/T4 hybrid. What do you want to achieve?

Back