h22 in 91 ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nitrousfed

can someone that has done this swap post a pic of it i am getting rid of my b series and doing a h22 the swap comes with the 0bd2to0bd1 harness where can i find the wiring and also will anything have to be done to the engine bay itself to fit since it is a bigger motor and anyone that has the swap are you happy with it and have you been to the track ive got a nos 100 shot that will og on it also please post up

I know you'll have to hack up the engine bay pretty badly to get the H22 in there. Go to hasport's page, they have mounts for the H22 swap and I would assume they have info on how to install the engine. Just letting you know, the swap is going to be quite expensive. If you saw the engine for $2500 and thought cheap! think again. Most people that do the H22 swap end up spendin $5K +

:werd:

the hasport mounts run 750
the axles are another 400 if you can't build your own

then you'll need the shift linkages, wiring... and i'm gonna assume a larger radiator to keep that motor cool

its just a thought i can get the swap for almost nothing is the only reason i was even thinking about it i know its alotta work right now i got a b16 with a little gas on it just want aomething diff..

H22 Swaps aren't easy in the little pre-92 engine bays. You'll need to do the finer things, like removing the bumper and installing a custom radiator in front of the support, notching out the passenger frame rail (Or surrounding steel) to get the top bits of the tranny to clear and a non-modified intake runner runs right back to the firewall. Not easy.

Possible, and TOTALLY worth it, but it would take me no less than 6 months of after-work hours to get it in and running.

yeah, believe it or not, it's about the same effort as a K swap.

yo theres no new radiator shit needed , only thing u need 2 do is cut and weld the new pass side chasis mount and nocth the rear subframe a lil bit thts it nothing else i got my swap done and it was a piece off cake,, the hasport weres 2 expensive so i went with a diff company called explicitspeed there kit is great for 449 u cant beat it and it werks fine check there web site out www.explicitspeedperformance.net

Back