H22 into a CRX!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! We're planning to swap a h22 into a CRX. We came across a deal on a pretty built H22 and was thinking of doing the swap. I know its possible to do it but what will I need? and do? The CRX had a b16 before, now looking towards more power or selling it with a d series.
Where can we get the mounts and axles?
How much will it cost to do the swap? (excluding motor cost)
IS the swap worth it?
What are the opinions guys? THANKS!

not easy from what i've heard. you have to beat the shit out of one area of the firewall.cut some shit and then put the motor in. My friend just did the swap on a civic. Total cost including the motor was like 3 or 3500. that included everything from mount to ecu,tranny,axles.everything. Sport Compacxt car had an article on the swap a couple months ago. I've never done so i really dont know. just letting you know what i've heard from other peoples experience.

Lots os cut/shave and welding, people with h22 hatchs around here dont use mounts they hardweld the engine in because of how hard it kicks.

There's a few people that done it here in Hawaii. I heard that place racing had a mount kit for it but they're not around anymore unless some sites still carry it! I talked to a local shop and they said that Hasport is in the making for this swap. Should come out within a month or so. But if anyone know more info about the swap and the mounts please let me know! Thanks guys!

Back