H22 into integra USDM Motor, JDM Tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GreatShamanGT

I found a really cheap H22 for $600, but it doesn't come with the tranny, but it does come with ecu and wiring harness. If I were to use a JDM tranny with this engine and ecu would it work? Also, do I need to use the integra ecu or should I use the obd1? All help is appreciated.

Is the transmission automatic? If not, then don't worry about it, it will work perfectly fine regardless of its origin. As for the ECU, I think you're confused. OBD1 refers to how the car is wired, not the computer itself. You'll want to use either the Prelude's ECU or another ECU that's been chipped and re-programmed to run the H22 engine correctly.

What year are the car and the motor?

Yeah I think it's pretty much going to be a necessity if you're doing an H22 into an Integra...

Actually, I think we have one. Check the FAQ/Reference section. I'm pretty sure there's a write-up in there...

motor
manual trany (can the F or B-series transmissions work with the h22 engine?)
ecu
wiring harness
clutch pedal
cluch master cylinder (including lines and such)
prelude linkage
conversion mounts - are there any places that sell h22 mounts for really cheap?
axles - do the stock Integra axles work?

Is there anything else that I'm missing and how much do you all think this swap would cost overall?

Did you try looking in the FAQ section like I told you to? I'm guessing no, because if you had, you would have found this article: https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/h22a-3rd-gen-db-dc-integra-29122/, which explains most of the things you're asking about.

For the transmission, any F or H-series tranny will bolt up, but it requires a slight bit of fabrication to fit into the Integra chassis. You can also use B or D-series transmissions, but the use of those gearboxes require expensive adaptor plates and engine mounts.

And yes, there are plenty of cheap motor mounts out there. Hit up E-Bay and see what you can find. Keep in mind though, you get what you pay for. Would you rather buy some cheap-o crap mounts and have to worry about them breaking? Or would you rather spend a few hundred more and get some nice Hasport or Place Racing mounts that are guaranteed quality? It's up to you...

Last edited:
I read that thread and that's where I got that list of items that I'll probably need. Where do you get the HCP motor mounts? It seems like those replicas are pretty good.

Back