H22 my only option for 90' Accord swap

which possible swap will give me the most potential for dramatic hp gains if its possible?

• H22

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B16...

• B18, 18C

• D-series

• or K-ser

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D-Shiznit

Hello V-Techians. I've got a 90 Accord, F22 that has almost 200k mi. I've already got $4000 invested into a custom-welded catback exhust, sick 17'' Motegi 7 points, a killer JL sound system that I custom installed myself, and close to $1600 into new brake pads, shoes, drums, calipers, re-calibrated rotors, and brand new joints all the way around. Needless to say after this kind of time and $ into it I'm not in the market for a different auto. This is my first Honda and my first import for that matter and I have done all the mods myself with the exception of the welded exhust(I don't weld). The only other real mods on the Engine are a wimpy universal air intake, a vacuum hose dress-up kit, a red top Optima battery, and Bosch Platinum 4 plugs and (lifetime warr.) wires. I am badly in need of struts/springs but that is a whole different threadpost. My main question is since most of my eng. mods would definately transfer to the H22 is that my only real option for a swap or could a B18C or K-series swap be a possibility? Another question is if I go with the H22 swap I was told that a supercharger is out of the question since there isn't enough room between the motor and firewall. I'm not exactly crushed by this news since I can't afford one anyway but if a s-charger won't fit than will a turbo fit? If not would it fit on one of the more difficult B or K series(if applicable?) swaps? I'm looking for the most possible hp whp gain without messing with the V-Tech internals. Also, what bolt-ons would be to my benifit with or w/out the turbo app.(besides exhust of coarse)? Keep in mind that after the eng swap and possible turbo install my pocketbook will be extremely thin. Oh, just one more question guys: Is my manual F22 trans able to match up perfectly with the H22, B18C, & K20A or 23? Thank you ahead of time for any and all helpful input and advice.

------- D-Shiznit -------

Originally posted by D-Shiznit@Oct 10 2004, 01:26 AM
Hello V-Techians.  I've got a 90 Accord, F22 that has almost 200k mi.  I've already got $4000 invested into a custom-welded catback exhust, sick 17'' Motegi 7 points, a killer JL sound system that I custom installed myself, and close to $1600 into new brake pads, shoes, drums, calipers, re-calibrated rotors, and brand new joints all the way around.  Needless to say after this kind of time and $ into it I'm not in the market for a different auto.  This is my first Honda and my first import for that matter and I have done all the mods myself with the exception of the welded exhust(I don't weld).  The only other real mods on the Engine are a wimpy universal air intake, a vacuum hose dress-up kit, a red top Optima battery, and Bosch Platinum 4 plugs and (lifetime warr.) wires.  I am badly in need of struts/springs but that is a whole different threadpost.  My main question is since most of my eng. mods would definately transfer to the H22 is that my only real option for a swap or could a B18C or K-series swap be a possibility?  Another question is if I go with the H22 swap I was told that a supercharger is out of the question since there isn't enough room between the motor and firewall.  I'm not exactly crushed by this news since I can't afford one anyway but if a s-charger won't fit than will a turbo fit?  If not would it fit on one of the more difficult B or K series(if applicable?) swaps?  I'm looking for the most possible hp whp gain without messing with the V-Tech internals.  Also, what bolt-ons would be to my benifit with or w/out the turbo app.(besides exhust of coarse)?  Keep in mind that after the eng swap and possible turbo install my pocketbook will be extremely thin.  Oh, just one more question guys:  Is my manual F22 trans able to match up perfectly with the H22, B18C, & K20A or 23?  Thank you ahead of time for any and all helpful input and advice.

------- D-Shiznit -------
[post=400706]Quoted post[/post]​

you have an accord man!!! you only have 3 choices anyway....H22, f22 or H23. if your really gonna modify your car to really fit a b18 or k20, then you might as well drop a 350 in that bitch. that right there is the real JDM jumpoff :werd: your stock F22 tranny will work with any of these 3 motors !! i have a 93 accord and i went H23 lude' motor with a REV HARD T3/T4 turbo kit!!

B or K series would be impractical due to lack of torque(B series) and expense(K series)

if you have the money then go for the H22 with a matching tranny to really take advantage of the vtec...
a non-h22 tranny will hurt you...

some other suggestions for you...

you may want to lower your car with some performance springs... better look, more agressive stance, and your handling will improve for the corners...
(sorry, just reread and saw you adressed this already)

you may also want to consider a custom turbo setup...
for the 2200 you would spend on an H22 swap you could build a killer turbo for the F series...

i have "heard" that a first gen dsm turbo manifold will work on an f22 with modification, but cannot swear its true...

you may also want o consider upgrading your rear brakes to disc...

just some ideas for you

Why would you even consider putting anything other than an h22 in it? If youve got the money, have someone make you mounts for K.

Recked... Do you have any info on installing a turbo setup on a F22a?
I have a 92 accord with only 120k miles and it looks like there would be plenty of room..

Was thinking of the H22 swap, but if I can have it done in a weekend... And for less cash, that would be easier than a full swap.
Around here, you could run around with a 'partial' exhaust for a while..

New here, but been messin with Hondas since the late 70s
I've had dozens and dozens of 'em...

Thanks.. E

Originally posted by 78civic@Oct 30 2004, 08:30 AM
I have a 92 accord with only 120k miles and it looks like there would be plenty of room..

Was thinking of the H22 swap, but if I can have it done in a weekend... And for less cash, that would be easier than a full swap.
Around here, you could run around with a 'partial' exhaust for a while..

New here, but been messin with Hondas since the late 70s
I've had dozens and dozens of 'em...

Thanks.. E
[post=409490]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a kit on EBAY right now, and plenty of information on the technicalities in the forced induction forum.

dont threadjack...start your own thread for your own questions

You should probably stick with the h22 swap for now that would be your best bet and later down the road turbo it

Back