1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 problem

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by dalton1421, Apr 19, 2008.

1. dalton1421

dalton1421 New Member

ok so heres the deal i have a 91 accord and i swapped it out for an h22 when i first did it i just did the engine and the vtech worked fine now though i put the h22 tranny on now the v tech doesnt want to come on dont get me wrong the car sat for a lil while due to my lisence being suspened i know where the solenoid is but i dont know how to tell its bad or not also i check the check engine light codes and it is 7 and 6 any ideas of what those codes mean also the idle sometimes bounces and today it stayed at 2500 i dont know where the ivac is so can yall help me out i apprechiate it im going nuts lol

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

[​IMG]
    Reference Materials - HondaSwap Forums in the sticky's you'll find the codes.

do some more research. you might find your answer instead of waiting and hoping people respond.

3. dalton1421

dalton1421 New Member

ok well what about the v tec problem i found those codes thanks for that but what about the v tec

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

get a haynes or chilton manual from autozone. it tells you how to diagnose it

5. Pearlwhitesh

Pearlwhitesh New Member

if you have a check engine light it will put the car in limp mode so you need to fix the problems first

6. mr_y82

mr_y82 New Member

get it off amazon or ebay and save yourself a ton... plus they often come with free grease smeared here or there.

7. JDM92Lude

JDM92Lude Banned

i'm having the same issue, make sure you fix that or you'll end up like me having to buy a new ecu because you let it go for too long, but yeah, once you fix the idle problem and get out of limp mode, then vtec should work fine....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted