h22 problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

i have a 93 prelude si, it has a problem spuddering in 2, 3, 4 and 5th gear around 3000rpms but only when the car warms up. tune was done except 4 O2 sensor, fuel filter was changed and oil. changed the mass air flow that bolts 2 the exhaust manifold, car was ok for a day. doesnt do nething in 1st gear can some1 please help me.

id test the timing first, then the EGR...if the timing is right and the EGR functions properly, then id drop the P13 and tune the car with a P28 or P72. Its what i had to do cause i was having the same problem.

but if the valve is stuck open (like mine was) then it matters more. The parts guy at honda (not exactly the most reliable of sources) said the USDM and JDM EGR valves are totally different.

I used my USDM Accord one.

Hmmm, hands off analysis is tough. Even the best mechanics tinker.

When I had this same problem in my Accord, I needed to replace the cap and rotor of the distributor. The spring was starting to wear, and it wasn't making good contact when the rotor was spinning slowly and starting to wobble.

dohcvtec_accord said:
When I had this same problem in my Accord, I needed to replace the cap and rotor of the distributor. The spring was starting to wear, and it wasn't making good contact when the rotor was spinning slowly and starting to wobble.

i agree....sputtering usually (in most cases) is related to an electrical issure ( moisture in dizzy, faulty ignitor, etc. not that its NOT posible but the EGR really dosent play a HUGH part in problems with the engine. for the longest time i i had my VSS and MY EGR clips crossed and had no problems with the car at all except ovibously my spedo didnt work.:rolleyes:

Back