H22 Swap No spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sparky2211

Okay so i swapped in a 97 H22a4 into my 96 prelude and i am not getting any spark! I am using the F22 car harness and the H22 engine harness with a p13 ecu. It is a external coil (Which is good) and i have tried to search for any possible answers that i could and i can't find anything. All grounds are good and everything else works fine. I just swapped from OBDII to OBDI because i thought that it would help the issue but it did not and now i am REALLY frustrated with what i can do with it! Anyone know what the possible problem could be?

check all fuses...both inside the car and inside the engine bay......i think on a prelude there is one in the engine bay.....im not familliar with ludes......but yea...check em all

hrmmm...is the dizzy good? did u do a spark test with the plug wire and a screw driver thing

prob a bad distributor....mine was bad when i did my swap...troubleshot things forever then changed the distributor and she fired right up...make sure everything else is good first tho as they are an expensive part....i paid like 265 for my reman

Quoted post[/post]]
prob a bad distributor....mine was bad when i did my swap...troubleshot things forever then changed the distributor and she fired right up...make sure everything else is good first tho as they are an expensive part....i paid like 265 for my reman

Would the F22 dizzy work for it?

Quoted post[/post]]
if it doesnt all the internals will swap into the h22 dizzy housing.

I was wondering if an ignition coil from a b16 civic Si is the same spec wise, as the h22 ignition coil. I ask because when doing my swap which I just finished up yesterday. I was getting no spark when attempting to start the engine. So I took an ignition coil from my b16 which fitted exactly the same and the igniter too. Everything works but I’m wondering if I’m limiting the performance of my engine because I’m using a coil form a civic any one know for sure?.

yup...i think me tab and a few others determined that all dizzy parts are interchangable (not sure about A and K, but D, B and H are)

dunno how i forget to add F in there, but yes...f22 dizzy parts will work too.

Quoted post[/post]]
dunno how i forget to add F in there, but yes...f22 dizzy parts will work too.
Them being interchangeable does not necessarily mean that spec wise they are right for any particular engine. I would imagine spec wise that this coil from this b16 is producing the required voltage but I can not assume that.

nope over thinking it

ur car doesnt have spark because some h22a engines are different
so check by where the middle pulley is at from the old motor you will see a switch
that controls the spark
so in order for your car to work you have to remove that switch from the old motor and replace it on the new one it should give you spark

done this three times:/
blew 3 engines already:/

This is a 4 year old thread lalo6210. Im sure he has it fixed by now.

Back