h22 swap vtec question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, i seem to have a problem after a 92 prelude si h22 swap. im using a chipped p28 ecu but not gettin vtec. im using the stock h23 harness and i need to know how to add the vtec wires and wat else would be needed for the vtec to work. thanks

well the oil pressure has to be correct, all cylinders firing, and the fuel pressure correct. make sure u have all sensors like map hooked up and are working.

you'll know what is not hooked up right if you check those CEL's. You have a knock sensor wire, vtec pressure switch, and vtec solenoid. To add the wires, you'll need a P13 pinout, which you can search this site for. A manual with pictures of the stuff helps. Run your new wires all the way to the ecu. The solenoid has a ground, just connect that to a known nearby place. I grounded mine right to the engine, works fine. Also, I think I had to run a IAB wire, but I'm not sure if you must or not. Good luck

yea i found the vtec solenoid wire and ran it to the ecu. also i got the found the vtec psi switch and the ground wire on the same clip, is this right?? ground is black and psi switch is blue. also, ihave no idea how to get the wires in the ecu. is there a special tool to connect it to the ecu? i heard u can use paper clips.

black is ground, blue to ECU.

You run plenty of wire right up to the ecu, and do one of two things.
1. You shove the wire in the right hole to make contact, and hold it in there by whatever means necessary, or
2. Get a hold of Honda for the harness clips that push in and lock in the harness like stock.

I don't like using paperclips on cars, just sounds cheesy, but if you get the connection right, then why not. Just make sure not to let the wires get loose later or touch other wires.

I think most guys just use #1.

Back