h22a into 92-95 accord questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silentbob831

I'm looking for a 92-95 accord for an h22 swap have some questions even though it looks pretty straight-forward:

1. Is there any difference between the 92-93's and the 94-95's?

2. I'm planning on buying this complete changeover: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30017 does this have everything I will need?

3. Should I get this rywire harness will it be necessary? : Rywire : OBD1 & OBD2 VTEC Subharness - $55.00

4. Can I keep the p/s and a/c from the f22?

dude i totally just posted a link yesterday to a kid asking the same exact question, do your research seriously, just sayin

Yea you're right I've been doing the homework. I just bought the Accord and I'm saving up for the h22 swap and I've been doing research on CB7tuner.com and found a lot of useful info so here's what I've come up with so far:

H22a complete changeover from hmotorsonline
lose p/s unless I can get the prelude parts which I don't see being necessary
keep a/c from accord
shift linkages are interchangeable between f20-h22 so I can pick old or new
can keep stock mounts or use the ones that come with h22 changeover
f22 exhaust parts will mate with h22 swap

heard that I might need to keep the fuel rail from the f20 because the jdm h22 rail is backwards or something (my jdm d15b vtec swap in the civic wasn't backwards anyway), not sure about that because it's not in the sticky on this forum

heard I might need to get the downpipe from a 92-95 prelude to mate to the stock cat and exhaust (also not sure because that wasn't mentioned on the sticky on here)

So I think I'm pretty much set to go just not sure about needing to keep the fuel rail and get a downpipe from a prelude vtec because CB7tuner forum guides and info say otherwise but the sticky on here doesn't even mention those 2 things.

Also read that maybe I need to get the lower radiator hose from a 92-95 prelude as well? wasn't mentioned here but it was on the CB7tuner forum so that's why I'm asking to make sure.

bump? Come on I just have a couple of questions about whether I really need to get the prelude lower radiator hose, downpipe, and about the jdm fuel rail supposedly being backwards when my d15b7-jdm d15b vtec swap was straight. The cb7tuner forum says all that but the sticky on here doesn't mention it and I trust this forum more than any because it's where I found all the answers for my last swap so is there anyone that can confirm this before I have to find out something the hard way?

Back