H22a swap to a non vtec accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

titewhiteaccord

I am thinking of getting an h22a motor for my 96 accord non vtec. I was woundering if it was possible to but in the h22a in my car even tho its not a vtec right now?

for VTEC you need two, but you still have to add the knock and IAB wires. This should be pinned. It's probably in the FAQ, definitely around if you search. I wish I would have wrote up a how to, but I was too new when I did it. I've learned so much more since then......

Originally posted by tab@Dec 6 2003, 02:22 AM
for VTEC you need two, but you still have to add the knock and IAB wires. This should be pinned. It's probably in the FAQ, definitely around if you search. I wish I would have wrote up a how to, but I was too new when I did it. I've learned so much more since then......

yea i had to add the 2 vtec wires and the knock sensor but i jus left out the IAB. Is there even a differnce if u add the iab or not? I heard you get more low end torque with the IAB off but less high end hp and with the IAB on you get vice versa. I wonder if its tru...

No, the IAB gives you the best of both worlds. It allows for low-end torque (long intake runners) and high-end power (short runners). If you don't use the IAB's, you're missing out on some top-end power.

oh really? hmm.. well i think i should connect my iab then
but damn dat would mean more labor time and adding another wire... im lazy lol

Back