H22A Type-S in 92' lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Defiant-EG2

My buddy has a 92' Prelude, and we have recently recieved an H22A-S. We have everything we need, but just dont know what relays to hook up, and which ones we dont need. We just need a kinda "walkthrough" that shows us how to do it. It is an Si w/4WS (H23A1). Please if anyone can help. It would be appreciated. Thanks!

thats gonna be fun....i know youll have to do some injector wiring, add a bunch of wiring (unless you have an H22A4 harness). I dont have a write up, but its gonna be difficult.

A guy on Honda-Tech said i could just use the H23 fuel rail, and wiring harness cause the Si is ready to be wired for Vtec ? Im confused.

Quoted post[/post]]
A guy on Honda-Tech said i could just use the H23 fuel rail, and wiring harness cause the Si is ready to be wired for Vtec ? Im confused.
Well i've been trying to do this swap for a month now.. Going from the stock F22a1 to a H22a4 and man is it a bitch.. Right now i am stuck with no spark... Good luck with everything!

Is the Si prewired for Vtec. If so arent the Injectors the same size ? Can't i just use the OBD1 Harness, and wire up vtec ?

injectors arent the same size. and the s has a different type of injectors (one is peak and hold the other is saturated...i dont remember which is which) The si isnt prewired for vtec, but its an easy install.

As for not having spark, i think you need an OBD1 dizzy if you have an obd 1 computer, if not you have to rewire the obd1 harness to plug into the new distributor.

Thanks for your help. If you find out anything on how to do this, let me know. It would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks for your help. If you find out anything on how to do this, let me know. It would be appreciated. Thanks again!
i did the same swap in my 94 4ws and i reused the h23 fuel rail and injectors . theh22 injectors use a differant resitor block. i also reused the h23 computer and purchesed a msd rpm acctivated switch that you can dial i what rpm you want the vtech to kick in. mine is adjustable from 3200 rpm to 5200rpm . factory is about 5200, but it kicks in real nice at 4000 rpm . i have had no problems and have had the car up to the 140s with this setup. i also had to reuse the h23 distributer.

Back