h22a4 swap 94 hatch distributor wiring problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chucks94hatch

chucksh22a4__94hatch
i have a 1994 civic hatch si with a h22a4 swap p28 chipped skunk 2 ecu run great
the ouer day it started misfiring and i checked out the distributor and the shaft baring was gone so i got a new distributor witch is different because of the swap so now i have a h22a4 distributor and a h22 distributor msd external coil and cant get it running i tried rewiring it i tried putting internal coil still nothing i matched all the wires i cant figure this out please help me

help civic wont stay running

somebody help me i get it firing up but now throwing code 3 and 21 and dies after 15 sec and very little throttle response

well dude it looks like that an H22A4 is an obd2 motor if im not mistaken. so if u went to auto parts store and got the h22a4 dizzy it would be the wrong OBD for your car... you need an OBD1 dizzy from an older H22a1... just my thoughts I would try it...

i got it running but it seem slow after 3500 well way slow i had to put the internal coil in the dizzy what would my car be idling so shitty and lose all the power

sounds like to me u have the wrong dizzy causing the car to miss fire and lack power that u once had... they can do that.. the H22A4 is an OBD2 style motor, H22A1 intill 96 I beleave was obd0 which is what the person that swaped it in proably used for your dizzy to save them a head ache later on... go to a scrap yard and get a H22a1 dizzy from a junked prelude... im sure it would solve ya problem if not then idk

Back