h23vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

why go with an ls vtec when you can do a prelude si vtec? H23 bottom end with a H22 head. I was wondering if this would work? I was like ls vtec, crvtec, what else isnt vtec dohc(not a zc) then i thought h23. this is just an idea of mine, just wondering if it would work. didnt quite know where to post this, but my car is an integra, so I posted it here. I want to copyright this idea of h23vtec if no body's thought of it before lol. dan :worthy:

ha a little late man, but it can be done, and has. The trouble you go through doing it, and finding the parts is totally not worth it though, just build an h22a easier and faster. But you can look up the topic because it has been discussed on here before

the lower end of the h23 is very weak. the long stoke of the h23 with the high rev of vtec. i dont think so..

Originally posted by maniac@Aug 14 2003, 12:17 AM
the lower end of the h23 is very weak. the long stoke of the h23 with the high rev of vtec. i dont think so..

Uh... ok. It's been done, and it works just fine.

Originally posted by maniac@Aug 13 2003, 10:17 PM

Yeah man, it's not a problem.

And if anyone is looking for info, check the pinned topic in the Prelude/Accord forum.

yeah actually i was looking into doing that on a SI, but it really is true, its not worth trying to find all the parts, and H22s are so cheap anyways, however, what i meant to say was isn't there an H23 VTEC avaiable in Japan? but yeah if theres not i have seen it done, but i thought it was a JDM motor...

There was indeed an H23 VTEC that came in like two model years of a 99-ish Accord wagon.

Back