Had the Fit for 2 days...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he didn't check your credit cause if you would have been an illegal alien he would have been sued for racism

he bullshitted you. To get a felony for speeding it needs to be 30 + mph over the speed limit. I know this for a fact because I got pulled over for doing 79 in a 40 because I was late to work and the cop said he'll cut me a break since there were no other cars around me while I was speeding so he wrote down 69 in a 40

he bullshitted you. To get a felony for speeding it needs to be 30 + mph over the speed limit. I know this for a fact because I got pulled over for doing 79 in a 40 because I was late to work and the cop said he'll cut me a break since there were no other cars around me while I was speeding so he wrote down 69 in a 40

WRONG. Went to court over this before. Hence I was mad when one cop added 1 mph to make it 20 over. Check your county's regulations.

WRONG. Went to court over this before. Hence I was mad when one cop added 1 mph to make it 20 over. Check your county's regulations.
they go by county now? last I checked they gave out CALIFORNIA handbooks. So you're telling me I was marked for 9 mph over what I should have gone to jail for? :rolleyes:

I was clocked at 133 once. Cop had cuffs in hand and backup called.

Talk about fast/smooth talking. I got out of it with a 99 in a 70 iirc. Still had to pay serious $$$$ for the fine, and they wouldnt let me take defensive driving to drop it. But I didnt get a ride to jail / towed vehicle..

they go by county now? last I checked they gave out CALIFORNIA handbooks. So you're telling me I was marked for 9 mph over what I should have gone to jail for? :rolleyes:

were you on the highway? if so, yes. I was pulled over by CHP and had to go to court. and lost miserably. they told me it was considered 'felony' speeding but reduced my fine because i showed up and had all the things i needed and even TRIED to argue in my defense. And not SHOULD... COULD. it's up to the officer what he wants to do with you.

to phyregod - you're one lucky mofo. I got caught going 110 once... the guy said, oh, i thought you were a punk kid. Slow down, princess. (yes, he called me princess) then proceeded to ask me about my car and what i did for work like we were on a date.

Wait a minute... If you go more than 20 miles an hour over the speed limit in California, you permanently lose the right to vote? :confused:

I was under the impression that being convicted of any felony forfeits your right to vote. Also thought it was federal law... Is it different by state? (Honest question, not being a jerk :) ).

That's also another problem I've got with the current state of law... How can the people change the laws they're governed by when breaking them stops them from voting to change them?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that being convicted of any felony forfeits your right to vote. Also thought it was federal law... Is it different by state? (Honest question, not being a jerk :) ).

That's also another problem I've got with the current state of law... How can the people change the laws they're governed by when breaking them stops them from voting to change them?

Same problem exists when you have that whole Legal Marijuana thing. Federal law says it's illegal to buy, sell, etc. CA STATE law says it's not. Who wins? Feds normally. But I doubt a Fed will knock your door down for a felony speeding ticket. I'm sure it COULD. Maybe if you were a murderer and went to court and were totally assraped and in jail.

I haven't read the Federal laws about that, but I'm sure you can still vote. :p Understand what I'm trying to tell you though? And, I hope you don't think I was trying to be an ass either...

Feds win. They win with gun laws too. There is no federal law that states you can't wear a sidearm (in accordance to state concealment laws) on school grounds. There are lots of places (work places, primarily) that say "We don't allow guns at work". Truth be told, The Federal Government says "yes" and they win.

Carry at work. Carry on the school grounds.

Yes, I know this, but it's getting them to come and prosecute you that becomes the hard part. Are you just going to call the Feds and go 'hey, by the way...'

My most harmful ticket was doing below speed limit. 45 is minimum speed on the Merritt Parkway. I was clocked at 38 with no insurance (The cop passed me, then slammed on his brakes to get behind me, and there was an exit coming up, so I hit the brakes and played it REAL shady to get off the ramp without him getting behind me. Didn't work)

I also passed 30 school buses while they were loading.

And I got caught by my friend at the police barracks for doing over 110 (Speedo didn't work). He called me on the cell phone (He was a 911 operator with the state cameras). He didn't call me in, but he did tell me I was on camera.

My most harmful ticket was doing below speed limit. 45 is minimum speed on the Merritt Parkway. I was clocked at 38 with no insurance (The cop passed me, then slammed on his brakes to get behind me, and there was an exit coming up, so I hit the brakes and played it REAL shady to get off the ramp without him getting behind me. Didn't work)

I also passed 30 school buses while they were loading.

And I got caught by my friend at the police barracks for doing over 110 (Speedo didn't work). He called me on the cell phone (He was a 911 operator with the state cameras). He didn't call me in, but he did tell me I was on camera.

Fuckin' idiot.

Last day of Highschool, senior year. Students that drive to school have to load behind the busses and the buses leave first, then student cars. People "put their car in line" 45 minutes before final bell.

I put my Supra in line.

While I'm sitting there, the buses aren't loading. They are just sitting there waiting for final bell. So I decide "Years of this shit, I'm goin through" (The doors aren't open, the lights aren't on)

As I'm going up, the bus drivers are honking their horns and going nuts. Throwing shit at me, yelling. I flip them off and continue to drive between all of the buses at like, 5 mph. They start to open their doors.

Guess who shows up at my graduation party? The po po.

Last day of Highschool, senior year. Students that drive to school have to load behind the busses and the buses leave first, then student cars. People "put their car in line" 45 minutes before final bell.

I put my Supra in line.

While I'm sitting there, the buses aren't loading. They are just sitting there waiting for final bell. So I decide "Years of this shit, I'm goin through" (The doors aren't open, the lights aren't on)

As I'm going up, the bus drivers are honking their horns and going nuts. Throwing shit at me, yelling. I flip them off and continue to drive between all of the buses at like, 5 mph. They start to open their doors.

Guess who shows up at my graduation party? The po po.

Even if the lights were off? Thats fuckin' Gay

i got pulled over for doing somewhere over 90 in a 30 (long story). i pretty much got the whole deal.. had to get out of the car, walk to the back of the car, etc, etc. after about 30 mins of talking they let me back in the car.

to make the story short i was with a girl. we were in a parking lot getting ready to go. guy comes up (car load of people) gets out pulls a knife on me. it was night so i gave him some BS, enough to slip my hand down and throw the car in gear. with one quick rev and pop the clutch, i was burning rubber out of there. he got back in the car and took off after me. so i come out of the parking lot and take off trying to lose the other car. then BAM, cop car comes out of nowhere. ...and thats the short version.

cop: do you know how fast you were going sir?
me: umm.. last i saw i was going 90 and still pulling, so no.

meh, whatever. i was young

Back